April 24, 2024, 12:19:37 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

ME##

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

TooB

Quote from: May on January 03, 2013, 02:49:56 AM
so i really like what we're seeing with nekomonogatari so far

so when is this coming out?

Samus Aran

Quote from: Lunchbox on January 03, 2013, 03:38:32 PM

Nekomonogatari: Kuro (Black) is the first half (4 episodes) and they're already being done

Commie has released 3 episodes so far
UTW (the far better subber) has released 2

no idea when Nekomonogatari: White will come out

although i guess White's not really a sequel - the whole Nekomono story is in Black, but White tells it from Hanekawa's perspective

TooB

Quote from: May on January 03, 2013, 03:50:22 PM
Quote from: Lunchbox on January 03, 2013, 03:38:32 PM

Nekomonogatari: Kuro is the first half (4 episodes) and they're already being done

Commie has released 3 episodes so far
UTW (the far better subber) has released 2

no idea when Nekomonogatari: White will come out

and where are they released? website?

Samus Aran

nyaa.eu, where all new anime episodes are released as they come out

it's a public tracker, no need to worry about ratio issues

also, UTW like just now, within the past few minutes, finished all 4 episodes. they released all four in one video file. probably because that's the way it aired anyway, as an hour and a half of nonstop nekomono. all the raws were done as one file, as well.

silvertone

Quote from: May on January 01, 2013, 09:53:47 PM
Quote from: [23]crossdressers on January 01, 2013, 09:44:01 PM
Quote from: May on January 01, 2013, 09:33:46 PM
Quote from: [23]crossdressers on January 01, 2013, 08:45:57 PM
the way EVA ended makes me not want to watch the movies because i thought the ending was really good.

End of Evangelion still incorporates the "what goes on in Shinji's head" aspect of the Third Impact

it's just not as dragged out, because the movie also focuses greatly on what happens outside of his head and what actually leads up to the Third Impact happening

regardless of whether you like the original ending, the movie ending is really more the "real" one. or "expanded" if you will. the way Anno wanted it to end.

yeah, i just finished Lain so i will probably watch it now before starting another series. 
idk,  i like the way it switched what was considered Important
like from the survival of mankind and the ~mystery of what an EVA actually is~ to  shinji's personal problem of why he should bother existing after he 'fulfilled his role'   and how it is actually Really Important that shinji knows that he is ~a person that matters more than what other's see him accomplish~ idk . Idk. idk. Idk.

it is extremely important to the series yes, because one needs to remember that eva is a very character-driven story about people with a fuckload of problems (seriously not one character with any decent screen time is NOT an emotional wreck)

but don't worry, end of eva still does this. in a way, i think it does it even better. particularly with regard to the very end of the movie. you'll see.

ok i was Pretty Much An Idiot for not watching end of eva. i am literally shaking   i dont know even know what to say   

Nyerp

PLEASEHELP1991

i'm loving lain so much now
she's totally an automaton
I love [you]

[hedy]Zidone

i am watching hayate no gotoku season 1 and eventually, goats in the shell (movie)

Nyerp

i re-watched evangelion 2.22 finally and, while i still think the climax is really cheesy, i like the movie overall a bit more

Quote from: [hedy]Zidone on January 08, 2013, 06:54:24 AM
i am watching hayate no gotoku season 1 and eventually, goats in the shell (movie)
treid watching that movie 3 times and fell asleep every time

Samus Aran

Quote from: N o t S i d on January 08, 2013, 11:01:19 AM
Quote from: [hedy]Zidone on January 08, 2013, 06:54:24 AM
treid watching that movie 3 times and fell asleep every time

faggot

Go Up