April 19, 2024, 02:56:28 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

Nyerp

whatever it was good. I enjoyed it. Not as much as Paprika, or Paranoia Agent.

I got confused in some of the parts and couldn't tell what is a movie and what is her life, which I guess is the point, but was kind of annoying. Like The cop with the scar. Was he the soldier who visited Chiyoko at the studio? Also, what was the deal with the old woman who cursed her? Did that really happen or was that part of a movie? But I guess it could also be said that she was just a crazy old lady who couldn't get her facts straight.

Perfect Blue is next on the list. Was going to watch it the other night but the rental place didn't have it in stock :|

Snowy

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

silvertone

the way EVA ended makes me not want to watch the movies because i thought the ending was really good.

Samus Aran

Quote from: [23]crossdressers on January 01, 2013, 08:45:57 PM
the way EVA ended makes me not want to watch the movies because i thought the ending was really good.

End of Evangelion still incorporates the "what goes on in Shinji's head" aspect of the Third Impact

it's just not as dragged out, because the movie also focuses greatly on what happens outside of his head and what actually leads up to the Third Impact happening

regardless of whether you like the original ending, the movie ending is really more the "real" one. or "expanded" if you will. the way Anno wanted it to end.

silvertone

Quote from: May on January 01, 2013, 09:33:46 PM

End of Evangelion still incorporates the "what goes on in Shinji's head" aspect of the Third Impact

it's just not as dragged out, because the movie also focuses greatly on what happens outside of his head and what actually leads up to the Third Impact happening

regardless of whether you like the original ending, the movie ending is really more the "real" one. or "expanded" if you will. the way Anno wanted it to end.

yeah, i just finished Lain so i will probably watch it now before starting another series. 
idk,  i like the way it switched what was considered Important
like from the survival of mankind and the ~mystery of what an EVA actually is~ to  shinji's personal problem of why he should bother existing after he 'fulfilled his role'   and how it is actually Really Important that shinji knows that he is ~a person that matters more than what other's see him accomplish~ idk . Idk. idk. Idk.

Samus Aran

Quote from: [23]crossdressers on January 01, 2013, 09:44:01 PM
Quote from: May on January 01, 2013, 09:33:46 PM

yeah, i just finished Lain so i will probably watch it now before starting another series. 
idk,  i like the way it switched what was considered Important
like from the survival of mankind and the ~mystery of what an EVA actually is~ to  shinji's personal problem of why he should bother existing after he 'fulfilled his role'   and how it is actually Really Important that shinji knows that he is ~a person that matters more than what other's see him accomplish~ idk . Idk. idk. Idk.

it is extremely important to the series yes, because one needs to remember that eva is a very character-driven story about people with a fuckload of problems (seriously not one character with any decent screen time is NOT an emotional wreck)

but don't worry, end of eva still does this. in a way, i think it does it even better. particularly with regard to the very end of the movie. you'll see.

PLEASEHELP1991

i'm watching serial experiments lain
i've only watched two episodes, but i suspect the dad has done something to her in the past
I love [you]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Rain Man on January 02, 2013, 06:19:51 PM
i'm watching serial experiments lain
i've only watched two episodes, but i suspect the dad has done something to her in the past

lol

felt i think you need to step back a bit

Snowy

I just finished Neon Genesis Evangelion and End of Eva

10/10 would lose sleep over again

Nyerp

i had been warned about the cg in the berserk movies but

jfc

Samus Aran

so i really like what we're seeing with nekomonogatari so far

since it's about hanekawa's original transformation into black hanekawa/meddlecat, it's more reminiscent of bakemono in pretty much every way. a character with an actual problem (the fire sisters didn't really have "problems" to be solved by koyomi at all), with meme explaining what's going on, etc.

as far as fanservice things go, i guess there's slightly more of it than there was in bakemono, but it's nothing like all the stuff that was nisemono. but that's to be expected, as these are straight adaptations, and nisemono was a smutbook compared to the rest of the series.

even bakemono music is brought back, in addition to the writing style that's less comedic and of course the characters

so yeah i like this more than nisemono so far

Go Up