April 16, 2024, 11:36:41 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Snowy

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

watched dragon ball z. got to the beginning of the namek saga where vegeta fought dedoria.

my friend bought dragonball z kai so like a lot of filler is removed but its kind of lame tbh. i mean yeah there are fewer episodes and shit but its not as entertaining

Samus Aran

uhh well most of the filler episodes were shit, there were only a few that were particularly funny or something if you ask me

but what really ruined the show was that it even went longer than the frieza saga so i guess there's no saving it

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

i still say the cell saga is good though i lost interest in the buu saga (mostly cause majin buu was a lame character and Gohan was a shitthead. I mean he always was but like even more so in the buu saga)

maybe its nostalgia goggles. yeah it was kind of refreshing that the snake road thing didn't take so long. however it cut out that bit where he fought the snake women and when he fell into hell.

Kalahari Inkantation

Samus Aran

Quote from: N o t S i d on November 15, 2012, 09:38:58 AM
i still say the cell saga is good though i lost interest in the buu saga (mostly cause majin buu was a lame character and Gohan was a shitthead. I mean he always was but like even more so in the buu saga)

maybe its nostalgia goggles. yeah it was kind of refreshing that the snake road thing didn't take so long. however it cut out that bit where he fought the snake women and when he fell into hell.

well i like SOME of the filler episodes...goku's snake road/hell episodes were some of the better ones, lol. what i didn't like about snake road though was how often it would just randomly cut to him running on the road for a minute or two every episode. we get it, he's still running.

cell saga is pretty decent, it's better than the android saga that led into it and it's better than everything that comes after it. the cell games have an awful lot of just staring and still shots and talking, though.

the way gohan was handled in the buu saga was retarded. first of all, he was the great saiyaman at first and that's honestly one of the worst moments in the entire series. secondly, he's trained hardcore to become this badass, he was the strongest non-fused saiyan again...only to just get eaten by buu. so what the fuck was the training for? it's like the broadcasters burst into toriyama's studio and suddenly told him "WAIT WHAT IF WE FUSED GOKU AND VEGETA INSTEAD OF USING GOHAN" and then they were like "well fuck idk just kill gohan off these kids won't care"

goowan

Nyerp

ncba93ivyase

venus wars was visually impressive but there wasn't much story

it was good for an action movie though and the machine designs were great

also ergo proxy is 3deep5u bullshit and frankly wasn't very interesting. it reminded me too much of texhnolyze which was just awful. akudood;

ergo proxy could've been better if it weren't so damn slow

Quote from: ncba93ivyase on June 18, 2014, 07:58:34 PMthis isa great post i will use it in my sig

Nyerp

i wish something would actually happen in robotics;notes

TooB

TooB

Finished Black Lagoon.
Was real good. Now to decide whether to watch Clannad now, or NHK now.....
hm....

don't let's

Quote from: May on November 09, 2012, 12:20:11 AM
Quote from: Snowy on November 08, 2012, 07:57:17 PM
I'm half way done the Black Rock Shooter series and oh my god it's depressing as hell. [spoiler]and I love it[/spoiler]

it's...not very good honestly lol

unbelievable overreacting girls and nonsensical subplots: the anime
every anime/manga ever [spoiler]well, the shoujo stuff anyway [/spoiler]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on December 14, 2012, 10:45:31 AM
I'm half way done the Black Rock Shooter series and oh my god it's depressing as hell. [spoiler]and I love it[/spoiler]

No, you really have no idea. BRS sets a ridiculous new standard for that shit.

don't let's

Quote from: May on December 14, 2012, 12:07:41 PM
Quote from: Far Beyond Repair on December 14, 2012, 10:45:31 AM

No, you really have no idea. BRS sets a ridiculous new standard for that shit.
Well that sounds horrible then

Go Up