April 17, 2024, 05:29:23 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The Hand That Fisted Everyone

TooB

just finished Nisemonogatari, will start steins gate soon

ME##

bluaki

just finished jinrui wa suitai shimashita

it's a great series throughout

Samus Aran

watched Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence tonight

brilliant film with a few shortcomings that keep it from being a masterpiece, just like the original GITS film. basically, i think the sequel is just as good as the original, but in mostly different ways.

its production values are very high, but the actual 2D animation isn't really as impressive or interesting as the original's highly stylized, hand-drawn animation throughout. this one sort of over-relies on CG sometimes. but it's still very well done.

thematically, it's also very different, and while it still raises classic cyberpunk questions, they are perhaps questions that are not as...weighty or important. it's like the first film raised the big ones, and the sequel, very much a sequelly sequel, simply expands on it a bit thematically. however, again, it does this very, very well.

i found it very interesting to have a film that focused on batou and togusa, since motoko isn't around anymore. it's nice to have their roles and characterizations expanded upon.

the music is actually better than the first film, i think. more than anything, it's simply less depressing - but this fits the mood, as it's simply not as cold of a film as the original was (tying in with the less weighty themes).

9/10

strongbad

Quote from: Rumia on September 22, 2012, 02:30:19 AM
watched Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence tonight

brilliant film with a few shortcomings that keep it from being a masterpiece, just like the original GITS film. basically, i think the sequel is just as good as the original, but in mostly different ways.

its production values are very high, but the actual 2D animation isn't really as impressive or interesting as the original's highly stylized, hand-drawn animation throughout. this one sort of over-relies on CG sometimes. but it's still very well done.

thematically, it's also very different, and while it still raises classic cyberpunk questions, they are perhaps questions that are not as...weighty or important. it's like the first film raised the big ones, and the sequel, very much a sequelly sequel, simply expands on it a bit thematically. however, again, it does this very, very well.

i found it very interesting to have a film that focused on batou and togusa, since motoko isn't around anymore. it's nice to have their roles and characterizations expanded upon.

the music is actually better than the first film, i think. more than anything, it's simply less depressing - but this fits the mood, as it's simply not as cold of a film as the original was (tying in with the less weighty themes).

9/10

I actually just watched the first one. I'm stoked to watch this one too.

Also I just started Samurai Champloo. So. Fucking. Cool.

TooB

About in the middle of steins gate. "DOO DO DOOOO!!!!"
pretty good. weird characters. awesome tsundere.
liking it, though its a little confusing

Samus Aran

TooB

Samus Aran

TooB

i-i-its not like i like that saying or anything..... lol

Nyerp

TooB

Samus Aran

Go Up