April 19, 2024, 04:05:58 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

In a relatd note, a bit less than two weeks ago, I watched a new FMA movie. I'd say it's decent, but not nearly as good as the series was. It basically is about the Elric brothers getting involved in a city's dark past of creating philosophers' stones as well as the rebellion of a small neighboring and exiled slum

Quote from: Kaz on February 25, 2012, 12:19:09 PM
Never thought I'd be giving a shounen this score: 9/10.
Same score I gave it

Quote from: Dead End Moon on February 25, 2012, 12:28:42 PM
I did kind of like that FMA movie from what I remember, but I really hated how it ended everything though.
For both it and the first anime series, I feel like the endings stand out as significantly worse compared to the rest of the series/movie

Nyerp

i can see myself disagreeing with a lot of stuff kaz is saying about brotherhood

Samus Aran

Quote from: bluaki on February 25, 2012, 01:01:34 PM
In a relatd note, a bit less than two weeks ago, I watched a new FMA movie. I'd say it's decent, but not nearly as good as the Brotherhood series was. It basically is about the Elric brothers getting involved in a city's dark past of creating philosophers' stones as well as the rebellion of a small neighboring and exiled slum

most people seem to be slamming it pretty hard lol

Commander Fuckass

Quote from: Kaz on February 25, 2012, 12:23:15 PM
i really don't think you told me much at all

you told me that you were following fma brotherhood. actually you worded it like "is it okay that i still follow fma brotherhood?" one night in stream. that's like literally all you ever said about the show.
no I also told you that you needrf to watch it too  doodhuh;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

Quote from: Kefka on February 26, 2012, 11:09:24 PM
no I also told you that you needrf to watch it too  doodhuh;

oh okay, that's still not really telling me that it was better than the original or anything, so you still didn't really tell me anything relevant to that post you quoted lol

but yes, i needrf to watch it, and watch it i did

Andria

I just finished the first episode of House of Five Leaves

It's by the lady who did Not Simple

pringle positive

Samus Aran

Quote from: Echo and Hayley on February 28, 2012, 02:23:31 PM
I just finished the first episode of House of Five Leaves

It's by the lady who did Not Simple

wow, i didn't know there was an animated version of any Natsume Ono manga

might have to look into it

Andria

Quote from: Cirno on March 01, 2012, 03:09:14 AM
wow, i didn't know there was an animated version of any Natsume Ono manga

might have to look into it

I didn't either till my friend told me to check it out and mentioned it was by Natsume Ono

Samus Aran

Started "Ga-Rei: Zero."

I don't really know what to think of this show yet, after two episodes. I know I sure was misled, though. It starts off seeming pretty formulaic, and then the end of the first episode just...wow, did not see that coming. Happy that I was surprised, and certainly convinced to keep watching.

And then episode 2 continued with more things happening that you just wouldn't expect, especially in the beginning of a show.

Upon doing a little research, apparently episode 1 and 2 are basically the end of this show chronologically, but I didn't look into any more than that, for fear of spoilers. Looking forward to seeing what caused the already depressing events of this series.

Nyerp

why are you watching that show without having read some of the manga

Andria

Quote from: Fuck on March 02, 2012, 07:01:36 AM

I watched it without reading the manga too. It's good even without reading it

Samus Aran

Quote from: Fuck on March 02, 2012, 07:01:36 AM

show takes place before manga, i plan on probably reading the manga right after finishing the show right afterward

i know it's a prequel, made after the fact, so it makes sense to have read the manga first, but since it takes place beforehand, i'm not really changing anything by watching the show first

don't let's

I kind of feel like re watching/reading that stuff now

don't let's

Actually though, in some ways, it would give off a completely different feel if you've read the manga first, concerning a couple things

Go Up