April 16, 2024, 12:56:51 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

piano moths

I finished Fruits Basket and started watching Revolutionary Girl Utena
kill them w kindness

bluaki

Quote from: eeeeeee on January 22, 2012, 11:26:32 AM
I finished Fruits Basket and started watching Revolutionary Girl Utena
I also started watching Utena recently

Samus Aran

I finished K-On!!

the main series, at least. i still have to watch the two "side story" episodes and the special

episodes 20-24 were all fantastic cry;

silvertone

Samus Aran

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Yotsuba is pretty good yeah, I need to get that sometime. I just love Azuma's style. :3

Anyway I'm sloooooowwwwly downloading the first Lupin series so I can watch that soon. It was sort of a pain to find, because it's mostly just the second series that people have floating around on the internet.

silvertone

Quote from: Snowy on January 23, 2012, 05:23:11 PM
What else has he made? I really like the art style and writing.
azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh azumanga daioh

don't let's

Samus Aran

so i just finished yosuga no sora recently...meh. it was decent for what it was, at least. however each arc was too short so there wasn't enough time to really develop the stories and as such the romance ended up being a bit shallow. the stories behind each girl were interesting, though.

it looked pretty, although the character designs in general were nothing really special, but they worked i guess.

the music was good...mostly.

i didn't really expect much from an ecchi anyway so it's nice that the show wasn't awful. just decent. i guess. idk.

in other news, still working on continuing the first Lupin III series and FMA: Brotherhood. i have to say i really do not care for these new Xing characters in Brotherhood, they're way too "typical shounen" and sort of stick out because of it. ninjas from the east, of course.

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

so, first impressions if Nisemonogatari and Black Rock Shooter

the first episode of Nisemono was hilarious. honestly, this whole episode of Mayoi was better than Mayoi's entire arc in Bakemono. she's funnier, she's more clever, she even breaks the fourth wall. i loved the joke about adding "courage" to any word, and how ridiculous and out of hand it got. i love this show already. of course, it hasn't really even gotten to the story yet. so we'll see if i continue to love it. i'm guessing it's likely.

as for Black Rock Shooter, there are only two episodes out so far and i watched them both last night. i can already say that this show is much more promising than the OVA was. the idea's still a bit shallow though...how the realistic school struggles of a middle school girl translates to her "inner" Black Rock Shooter always fighting in this other world, taking the abuse for her. and the situation the main character finds herself in, what with her friend having this crazy, possessive, psychopathic bitch for her other friend...it's pretty over the top. but i mean, i didn't have super high expectations for this show anyway, so i'm pleased that it's a lot better than the OVA.

my major criticism is actually just that the visuals are a bit weird in a couple of ways. first of all, i have no idea who thought half the hairstyles in this show look good. they're downright strange. secondly, while the animation in the "other world" is very, very fluid and pretty, there are times when it ends up looking a bit...fake-ish? like bad cg? it must be a combination of hand-drawn and cg, because you only notice it now and then, most of the time it looks beautiful. thirdly, that other world does look a bit...cheesier than the dark, checkerboard-and-chain-filled  world that BRS is usually depicted in. it's for some reason bizarrely colorful, while still being gloomy and such...it's weird. i get the feeling they were taking a note from Madoka Magica.

anyway, it's still quite good thus far, so we'll see if it can keep it up. considering there will only be six more episodes, i'll be quite disappointed if they can't keep up this momentum.

Nyerp

Go Up