April 18, 2024, 11:47:33 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Nyerp

i'm almost done with now and then, here and there

...jesus christ :(

Nyerp

Samus Aran

finished Usagi Drop

anime does not have the "surprising" (and kind of weird, but "forbidden love" is not a theme that particularly offends me like it does some people) ending that the manga is known for

was a p. great show, nothing amazing or anything

will maybe post more detailed opinion later

Nyerp

there's a difference between "forbidden love" and "fucking your adopted daighter" confuseddood; confuseddood; confuseddood;

Samus Aran

lol

well he didn't actually adopt her. officially. i guess. girl;

Nyerp

bluaki

Quote from: Sakamoto on November 12, 2011, 11:55:05 PM
bluuuuuuuuuu where are you getting utena
It's http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=161089

It only took me like two days to download it from one seed. Now there's another since I'm seeding it too giggle;

Nyerp

Quote from: bluaki on November 13, 2011, 12:48:43 AM
It's http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=torrentinfo&tid=161089

It only took me like two days to download it from one seed. Now there's another since I'm seeding it too giggle;

oh god that size :(

Samus Aran

don't you hate when a show starts out strong and then just meanders for a while afterwards?

like, for a while, ao no exorcist seemed like a much more interesting shounen than most, but...now it's just being really cliche and boring.

lmao but that's what i get for watching shounen in the first place

bluaki

Quote from: Sakamoto on November 13, 2011, 12:53:43 AM
oh god that size :(
The series is like 40 episodes, so a 9GB batch is expected I guess. Nyaatorrents has another Utena batch that's even larger at 12GB and dual-audio.

the average episode size is around 250MB, comparing to my 204MB Cowboy Bebop, 232MB Evangelion, 300MB Trigun, and 330MB Outlaw Star episodes.

Samus Aran

if anyone can find Kino's Journey dubbed in avi form for me, i would be eternally grateful :'(

Kalahari Inkantation

um wow

i know it was meant to be a serious scene but is it bad that i lol'd when rintaro punched moeka

that was so spontaneous sillydood;

Samus Aran

So, I'm not sure I like Brotherhood as much as the original, much looser adaptation of Fullmetal Alchemist. Certain segments that I really liked in the looser adaptation are much shorter in this one, which sticks to the manga very closely...in fact, one character who I thought was one of the most interesting antagonists in the series is actually killed off very quickly in this version. Kind of a shame, the 2003 adaptation did some very cool things with him, even if he was never a "primary" antagonist...it was like a whole extra substory that is unfortunately absent in the source material.

This show sure looks better but it's a hell of a lot more lighthearted...but in general it's still roughly just as good as the other adaptation. Pros and cons for both.

Opinions may change as I get farther into it. 10 episodes in now.

Go Up