April 17, 2024, 06:15:53 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Kalahari Inkantation

just finished akira (girl;)

[spoiler]it was a complicated convoluted arrogant EXTREEEEME mess, and usually i'm a very lenient rater :|[/spoiler]

Nyerp

Quote from: Tectrika on October 01, 2011, 08:11:32 PM
just finished akira (girl;)

[spoiler]it was a complicated convoluted arrogant EXTREEEEME mess, and usually i'm a very lenient rater :|[/spoiler]

agreed wholeheartedly bassir;

Nyerp

dantalian no shoka ended

ugh, so bland

i mean i guess some of the episodic stories were entertaining, but there was just no payoff whatsoever

Samus Aran

Just watched the Clannad movie. It wasn't as good as the series but it was still pretty great.

Character design was a pretty big step down but they managed to make it work well on its own, the music was totally different but usually worked (except for the dumb poppier songs), and of course since it's a movie the pacing was pretty weird.

Tomoyo and Kyou were hardly there, so someone who hadn't already seen the series or played the VN would probably not remember them at all, since they are totally given the shaft in this film whereas they're totally fleshed-out characters in the series.

However, the film still managed to be as depressing as the series - in a good way, of course. The way the most emotional parts are handled is fantastic and I still get drawn into it very easily, so it tugs at my heartstrings, so to speak.

The core is there - the central relationship and the tragedy - but the extra parts are missing or degraded, and the pacing is weird. But that core is what made After Story better than the first season of the series, and it's what makes this movie still an 8/10 in my book.

Andria

I decided to pick Ao No Exorcist back up since that too ended this week.

silvertone

Nyerp

Nyerp

i finished the fate/stay night anime

the last episodes were really good and tied up the series well

it's too bad the rest of it was mostly a plot hole-filled, poorly paced mess

6/10 n_n

Samus Aran

Just finished Kamisama no Memochou. Here's the scoop.

The cases: hit or miss. The first one was good, second was meh, third was dumb as all hell, fourth was great, and the final one was great (if only for the very well-executed conclusion).

The characters: Alice is fine, Narumi is fine (I mean, he's the only one who develops anyway), the Fourth is awesome and is by far the most interesting character and it's a shame he was as minor as he was, and Alice's other assistants were largely pretty pointless and boring. Ayaka was like totally pointless until the last case.

The music: What music? Oh, some of it was good. I guess.

The look: Pretty. Modern, HD pretty. But what isn't these days? This is becoming more and more a moot point. No real creativity here, just prettiness.

7/10, broskis. It was good, the last case was a very good conclusion with emotional investment, and the case that involved the Fourth a lot was great as well. But in general the entire show reeks of "good enough," with J.C. Staff not really attempting to do anything with this show other than cover the bare basics. But it was entertaining.

Nyerp

Nyerp

the persona 4 anime kind of looks like ass

in fact the whole thing just seems kind of assy (like the game n_n)

ugh mal still thinks it hasn't aired yet

Samus Aran

why would you even watch it if you don't like the games

Nyerp

Quote from: Reisen on October 06, 2011, 07:41:27 PM

because i thought the story was interesting but i didn't want to have to put up with the 200-hour grindfest bullshit????????????????????????????????????????????

Samus Aran

lolwat, you don't really grind in persona games

leveling up doesn't get you much as far as stat boosts go, it's largely just to make it so you can make better personas, and even then the leveling is curved so that you can't really "grind" unless you're some sort of masochist

i get the feeling that you hardly even played it

Andria

Quote from: Reisen on October 06, 2011, 07:41:27 PM

I haven't played the games but I liked the last Persona anime so I figured I would check out this one  hocuspocus;

not that you asked me

but that is what I am downloading now

Go Up