April 24, 2024, 08:27:25 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Sign is all right, but it kinda bored me so I never got very far in it.

Legend of the Twilight was an oddity because of when it was on. Friday nights, on Cartoon Network, at like 2:00 AM EST or something like that. It was not part of Adult Swim or Toonami or anything, just something they randomly filled a time slot with in network after-hours.

Samus Aran

Chobits is tearing me apart. Initially, I had only seen the first six episodes. I liked them a lot, and I had always meant to get back to watching it. I just never did until I recently started reading the manga, which made me want to try the anime again, so I bought the DVD set.

...if only I had known how off-course this anime would go after about ten episodes. There really is a much deeper story here that the anime just avoids half the time and decides to show us Chi being cute instead. Chi goes shopping, Chi gets a job, how adorable. And then the completely stupid filler episode with the haunted apartment room? Wtf? It's like a completely different show all of the sudden during that episode, and not in a good way.

I mean don't get me wrong, I still like it and it's really cute and fun and all, but the manga is thus far waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better. Kind of disappointed.

Samus Aran

Nyerp

i don't read manga so i'm not disappointed when i watch the anime based on it 5thgrade;

Samus Aran

i rarely read manga, this is like the only series where i've had to deal with this issue lol

but it's not just because the manga is better that i'm disappointed. i would have been annoyed by episodes that were obviously filler regardless of having read the manga.

:'(

Commander Fuckass

Currently up to episode 10 of Darker than Black

p. good animu wrench;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Andria

Quote from: Kaz on July 11, 2011, 11:54:35 AM
i rarely read manga, this is like the only series where i've had to deal with this issue lol

but it's not just because the manga is better that i'm disappointed. i would have been annoyed by episodes that were obviously filler regardless of having read the manga.

:'(

Quote from: Nyerp on July 11, 2011, 11:47:51 AM
i don't read manga so i'm not disappointed when i watch the anime based on it 5thgrade;

READ MORE MANGA  madood;

Nyerp

Andria

Nyerp

i finished zoku sayonara zetsubou sensei

it was slightly better than the first season, and had a lot more references, but still wasn't really 8/10 material

also dat hellboy-esque final ed:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d638t7Q0gTg[/youtube]

Nyerp

okay so i kinda want to start watching bakemonogatari (i got the SHAFT disease)

but i have one question: tv version or blu-ray version?

i heard the bd version fixed a lot of animation errors the series had/added animation where there wasn't any confuseddood;

kaz which one did you watch also where did you download????

Samus Aran

watch the bd

i didn't know about the later release until after i had already watched it and dealt with the animation cuts. they get really bad in episode 10. interruption after interruption. SHAFT was just undermanned and didn't have the time to finish it on schedule, so they made massive cuts to later episodes, 10 being by far the worst.

i got mine from nihonomaru and i really don't remember if someone uploaded the BD version there or not, sorry. you'd probs be better off searching for torrents.

Samus Aran

uh okay wow chobits just did a complete 180 as far as its mood goes

Nyerp

what subs did you use? confuseddood;

also every batch torrent for this series is like 20 GB holy fucccckkkk

Samus Aran

Go Up