April 18, 2024, 04:04:11 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Nyerp

Samus Aran

well that sucks.

hopefully whoever did sub the bds did a good job. i really wish, though, that they'd localize it so we could have official subs. i doubt they will, though.

Commander Fuckass

nyerp i can see if Luelinks has any direct downloads if you want.

They have 15 episodes and the subs are by coalgirls.

also finished darker than black today. wrench;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

i already found the coalgirls subs dp but thanks anyway

a single episode is taking over an hour to download smithicide;

Nyerp

Samus Aran

lol it's quite strange isn't it? i love it. just the conversations are so interesting.

Nyerp

Nyerp

ok coalgirls' release is fucking horrible

they've only included an op/ed twice in four episodes and there's horrible-looking shit everywhere that tries to cover up the japanese and replace it with english and it often fails miserably

god damn it

Samus Aran

supposedly they're the best subbers of the bd version :(

bluaki

Quite a few sub groups seem to give OP/ED as separate files instead of including it in every episode for reducing overall filesize, but apparently these groups use an obscure video encoding feature for "ordered chapters" that is supposed to load them automatically in the correct locations.
This feature is only available in a couple media players and, even in the ones that support it, it's off by default and the option is buried deep in the settings menu. I believe Media Player Classic and VLC have the option somewhere, but MPlayer requires recompiling to use it.

I think CoalGirls does this confuseddood;

Nyerp

might as well just put this show on hold for the time being psyduck;

Nyerp

2nd episode of mawaru penguindrum wasn't as good as the 1st, and i still have no idea what the hell i'm watching confuseddood;

bluaki

I watched three series in the last couple days:

Higashi no Eden (Eden of the East) - it was very good. I downloaded it because of seeing it listed in the streaming poll. I would suggest it for future streams :3

Sasameki Koto (Whispered Words) - It's a heavily yuri (but non-sexual) school slice-of-life/comedy series and my favorite yuri thing I've seen so far. It was thankfully not set in an all-girls school flooded with a lesbian student body like certain other yuri series I've seen, though they only name one male character and he's a trap at that n_n

Hourou Musuko (Wandering Son) - This is like the only anime series at all that seriously focuses on transgender issues. It's mostly slice-of-life and drama in a middle school setting. Even with my obvious bias toward the subject, I wouldn't particularly call this series great, though it was pretty good.

Commander Fuckass

Started Samurai Champloo since you fucks don't vote for it enough  baddood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

i started gainax's new anime, dantalian no shoka

wow, that was completely generic and unremarkable in every way awdood;

also what the fuck was with that ed? goonish

gaynax please get your shit together

Go Up