March 28, 2024, 12:56:40 PM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andria

I watched two episodes of Star Driver and it just wasn't for me

Nyerp

Samus Aran

that op is p. silly

i will probs watch that p. soon idk

Nyerp

Samus Aran

good job nyerp thumbup;

anyway i just watched the last order ff7 ova and it was pretty lame but not terrible

5/10 goowan

Samus Aran

finally finished Lucky Star

if the series has any major problem, it's that it might be a bit too long. as a result, i feel the comedy is stretched a bit thin. i mean there's a lot of "wow i can totally relate" or just plain hilarious moments, but there are also some that just...drag on. overall though i liked it a lot. sometimes i even loved it. but not enough to give it a 9. almost, but not quite. so it gets an 8.

Samus Aran

watched the Lucky Star OVA

it was pretty great, perfectly on par with the series...although i have no idea what to make of the last part of it. i have no idea what the pet shop part was attempting to parody, although i have to say it had some really interesting effects that i've certainly seen before, especially in really moody animus like Lain (the close-up effect that looks as if you're seeing the character through a door's peephole, whatever it's called, for example)

Andria

Nyerp

Quote from: Kaz on July 06, 2011, 01:56:07 PM
watched the Lucky Star OVA

it was pretty great, perfectly on par with the series...although i have no idea what to make of the last part of it. i have no idea what the pet shop part was attempting to parody, although i have to say it had some really interesting effects that i've certainly seen before, especially in really moody animus like Lain (the close-up effect that looks as if you're seeing the character through a door's peephole, whatever it's called, for example)

i felt they basically ruined it with that 10 minute live action sequence that i didn't even bother watching

oh and i watched the first episode of this new horrible shitty flash cartoon called "nyanpire", which is apparently the return of the animation studio gonzo

they managed to fit in this retarded live action dance number of an ED at the end (which was 1 minute and 30 seconds of course)

the runtime of the whole short was 4:30

so yeah

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on July 06, 2011, 02:33:52 PM
i felt they basically ruined it with that 10 minute live action sequence that i didn't even bother watching

i couldn't watch the live action lucky channel anyway because it was unsubbed

i thought a lot of the live-action endings with Minoru throughout the latter half of the series were pretty funny though

Nyerp

Quote from: Kaz on July 06, 2011, 02:36:52 PM
i couldn't watch the live action lucky channel anyway because it was unsubbed

i thought a lot of the live-action endings with Minoru throughout the latter half of the series were pretty funny though

now that you mention it, on the file i found, it was not only unsubbed but the audio was out of sync goonish

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on July 06, 2011, 02:41:39 PM
now that you mention it, on the file i found, it was not only unsubbed but the audio was out of sync goonish

same here goonish

Nyerp

i finished sayonara zetsubou sensei

it was pretty funny overall, even if it was filled with text jokes i had to pause every 2 seconds for that i didn't even get

also wth in the last episode with the tsundere shoving the stick up the dog's anus and the fma, ttgl, and eva yaoi doujins and yaranaika and oh god what goowan

show could have definitely used more of a budget, though, and i was a little disappointed that the series kind of dipped in joke quality after 4 or 5 episodes

also what was with that "is he dead???" cliffhanger in episode 11? do they ever get back to that? psyduck;

Samus Aran

yeah i was confused about the end of episode 11 too, i have no idea if they ever go back to it because i haven't seen the other two seasons

although i think season three is actually more like just some specials? or something? idk

Nyerp

no, the third season (zan) is 13 episodes long, but there are 2 short ova series

one is goku szs and the other is zan szs bangaichi, which you probably got confused with zan szs

goowan

Go Up