March 28, 2024, 11:29:19 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

This year I've watched:
Madoka Magica
Ouran High School Host Club
Monster Musume
My Love Story!!
NAKAIMO - My Little Sister Is Among Them!
K-On!
Gurren Lagann
Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro
as well as some of One Punch Man, and currently watching the 2nd season of K-On as well as Kill la Kill. Haven't got around to the last episode of FLCL either.
Most of these are pretty popular shows (I've been using Hulu and Netflix) but if you haven't seen My Love Story, it's really good.

Kalahari Inkantation

Quote from: ƕɾο on July 20, 2018, 11:19:45 PM
This year I've watched:
Madoka Magica
Monster Musume
My Love Story!!
K-On!
Gurren Lagann
as well as some of One Punch Man, and currently watching the 2nd season of K-On as well as Kill la Kill. Haven't got around to the last episode of FLCL either.
Most of these are pretty popular shows (I've been using Hulu and Netflix) but if you haven't seen My Love Story, it's really good.

which were ur favorites y/n

imo madoka and single-hit fellow are the best on that list (although i haven't seen them all lol)

Hiro

In order of best to worst:

Gurren Lagann
My Love Story!!
K-On!
Madoka Magica
Kill la Kill
One Punch Man

FLCL Progressive
Monster Musume

Samus Aran

kinda funny that you liked Gurren Lagann a lot but Kill La Kill not nearly as much lol, they're so similar. but i do agree TTGL is easily the better of the two, KLK loses so much of its steam around the latter third of the show, but TTGL just keeps getting more and more hype

i have yet to finish FLCL Progressive...honestly i've only seen two episodes, i was kinda planning on finishing it with my girlfriend sometime. the second episode was...kinda unimpressive lol, hoping it gets better. first episode was great tho

Casle of Cagliostro is SO GOOD dude, massively underrated Ghibli film and probably the best Lupin film as well

Hiro

I mean I just liked those other shows more, Kill la Kill is fun so far (over halfway through I think) but it's not as interesting or positive or energetic as Gurren Lagann. The optimism of that show was just really fun.
The 2nd and 3rd episodes of Progressive are definitely the worst out of the 5 I watched. 4 and 5 are what the first 3 needed to be imo (especially in the animation department), but at that point the show's already floundered aimlessly too much where I'm not sure how the finale is going to fix anything. It's not a bad show, it just seems like they made purely it for the sake of more FLCL (which Adult Swim paid them for) and not because they had any kind of story to really tell.

And yeah def agree about Castle of Cagliostro, one of my favorite Ghibli films tbh

Hiro

started watching Erased on Thursday, finished it today
damn that was a really good show, would probably put it on par with or just under gurren lagann on that list

Samus Aran

yeah erased was great. some aspects of the ending are kinda goofy but its a great show nonetheless

what's funny though is a lot of idiot weeb crybabies HATED the ending because the main character got """""cucked""""" because i guess they read way too deep into things and thought the dude would end up with the grown up version of the main lil girl

Hiro

Quote from: Samus Aran on July 30, 2018, 09:15:06 PMyeah erased was great. some aspects of the ending are kinda goofy but its a great show nonetheless

what's funny though is a lot of idiot weeb crybabies HATED the ending because the main character got """""cucked""""" because i guess they read way too deep into things and thought the dude would end up with the grown up version of the main lil girl
that's the complaint people had with the ending? that would be way more goofy, especially with the direction things went the last 2 episodes.
there was only one little part of the last episode I found a little silly, but overall I thought the ending was excellent.

Nyerp

Hiro

Watched Your Name tonight
I hated 5cm per second but this was actually pretty darn good. Had a fair bit of silly obvious gaps in logic but it was still a compelling story and excellent production, I think it miiiiight be a 6/7 for me

Samus Aran

yeah your name blows 5cm out of the water

i dont hate 5cm, i think it's pretty good overall, but it's very sappy and not terribly well-written. your name still has the high aesthetic quality of 5cm, garden of words, etc. but with actual writing too

Hiro

Hiro

Gurren Lagann
Erased
Your Name
My Love Story!!
K-On!
Madoka Magica
Kill la Kill
One Punch Man

FLCL Progressive
Monster Musume

bluaki

A few months ago, because of myanimelist's ongoing problems, I decided to move my list to anilist: https://anilist.co/user/bluaki

I stumbled onto anilist around a year ago, and at the time it seemed like a pain to use and had a lot of missing features, but now it basically seems like mal but better. The only problems I have with it now are that there's no list export-to-file yet and a lot of the anime listings have a rather incomplete list of characters. They can import from mal but it's only one way unless you sync the updates manually.

also the anime I've been watching lately includes like Persona 5, Free, Revue Starlight, Steins Gate 0, etc. I also started reading a lot more manga this past year or so, but mostly yuri stuff.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up