April 26, 2024, 10:40:53 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

anyway, here's some anime stuff i've been watching lately:

love live: finished both seasons, haven't watched the movie yet. both seasons i gave a 7. pretty good, but i could definitely understand not liking this show because it is pretty much exactly what most people think idol anime is: predictable, shallow, tailored to weebs, etc. but for what it is, i still enjoyed it enough. i could see giving it a 6 though.

inferno cop: finished this recently and...it was something. at times hilarious, at other times simply just dumb. it's basically just an anime version of an adult swim animation. 5/10. i suggest watching it simply for how short and entertaining it is, but it's by no means good. but it has its moments of hilarity, mostly early on in the series.

jojo pt 4: still the only show i'm keeping up with this season, which is sad but i'll try to get to some others too. anyway this adaptation is great great great stuff so far, i love pt 4's manga so i'm stoked to be alive at a time when it's finally getting an anime.

konosuba: finished this and loved it. definitely falls short at times and i was sad to learn it was only ten episodes. but there's another season in the works so that's all right. this show is hilarious and 3/4 of the main cast is great. the last fourth is lame. 8/10.

magical girl lyrical nanoha strikers: got back into this show after putting it down for a long time. enjoying it, but it's not hard to see why so many people say it's the weakest of the original three seasons, though. a couple of the new characters are good but most of them are lame. not too keen on almost everything being magical girls vs. robots for the first nine or so episodes.

shinsekai yori: started this about a week ago and was watching it at a pretty brisk pace until this weekend. it starts off strong, then dips down, and then suddenly gets really great once you hit episode 9. this show is weird as hell, but i'm really enjoying it a lot. i would honestly struggle to figure out how to sufficiently describe this show to anyone without either being too vague or making it seem too bizarre.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on May 08, 2016, 08:29:42 PM
what did you think, popsi?

It was great.

[spoiler]I particularly enjoyed the arc with the Sea King. Seeing Saitama accept that he was worth more to the other heroes if he was hated by everyone, god that's my shit right there. The action was cool and everything but I want to see them explore more stuff like that next season.
[/spoiler]
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

strongbad

finished psycho pass

thought the last few episodes were shit but overall i really liked the show

any recommendations for my next anime? i've really been enjoying animes set in more realistic settings like psychopass and steins gate

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on May 09, 2016, 06:34:23 PM
That arc also ruled because of mumen rider
I FUCKING LOVE MUMEN RIDER

The "fight" between him and Sea King was legit the most tense I was the entire series.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Thyme

i just started kill la kill

i like it 5thgrade;

from the gifs and the tumblr posts i would have never guessed it was this goofy and energetic lol

TooB

That's it kaz, now I'm not watching the movie with you.

strongbad

Quote from: Djyme on May 14, 2016, 08:00:40 PM

i like it 5thgrade;

from the gifs and the tumblr posts i would have never guessed it was this goofy and energetic lol

i think that's next on my list

i just started one punch man and it is everything that i expected

Samus Aran

TooB

Started Akatsuki no Yona

Got interesting pretty quickly

squirrelfriend

Quote from: Djyme on May 14, 2016, 08:00:40 PM

i like it 5thgrade;

same it was what got me into anime again literally

strongbad

Samus Aran

Samus Aran

Quote from: Sakura Kinomoto on May 08, 2016, 08:40:21 PM
shinsekai yori: started this about a week ago and was watching it at a pretty brisk pace until this weekend. it starts off strong, then dips down, and then suddenly gets really great once you hit episode 9. this show is weird as hell, but i'm really enjoying it a lot. i would honestly struggle to figure out how to sufficiently describe this show to anyone without either being too vague or making it seem too bizarre.

update: this show is fucking fantastic watch it

Go Up