April 23, 2024, 03:42:44 AM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Currently/just finished watching/reading anime/manga thread.

Started by Nyerp, June 09, 2011, 01:37:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andria

Quote from: bluaki on July 16, 2011, 12:19:30 AM
I watched three series in the last couple days:

Higashi no Eden (Eden of the East) - it was very good. I downloaded it because of seeing it listed in the streaming poll. I would suggest it for future streams :3

Woo someone to help me back Eden of the East  baddood;

bluaki

Quote from: Squid Girl on July 16, 2011, 12:06:20 PM
Woo someone to help me back Eden of the East  baddood;
Last time we voted in the streaming poll, I voted for it.
I just now realized that there were only two votes total for it, so I guess you're the other one confuseddood;

Samus Aran

jeez guys slow down on the anime

nyerp is only one below me for completed now lol

Nyerp

Quote from: Kaz on July 16, 2011, 12:24:03 PM
jeez guys slow down on the anime

nyerp is only one below me for completed now lol

and i'm aiming to fix that bassir;

Samus Aran

Nyerp

bluaki

I think I had 90ish completed entries on MAL at the beginning of summer vacation
I now have 122 hocuspocus;

Andria

Quote from: bluaki on July 16, 2011, 12:19:24 PM
Last time we voted in the streaming poll, I voted for it.
I just now realized that there were only two votes total for it, so I guess you're the other one confuseddood;

I actually wasn't the second vote this time as I moved my vote to make sure I don't remember what didn't win

Samus Aran

Quote from: Nyerp on July 16, 2011, 12:43:25 PM
wariodood;

well i could just go through your list and watch all the ONAs and music video things and get a lead on you lol

Nyerp

Quote from: Kaz on July 16, 2011, 01:29:20 PM
well i could just go through your list and watch all the ONAs and music video things and get a lead on you lol

dont U dare

Samus Aran

um...wow

the panty and stocking in sanitarybox special was legitimately bad. like, really bad.

jesus christ why did they even make it

Nyerp

Quote from: Kaz on July 16, 2011, 03:54:55 PM
um...wow

the panty and stocking in sanitarybox special was legitimately bad. like, really bad.

jesus christ why did they even make it

seriously, what the fuck psyduck;

Samus Aran

okay, so i finished Chobits

i'm sure in the end i'll still like the manga more because of couple lame filler episodes in the series (plus the recap episodes, which i actually just skipped as they're taken out of the main series order on the dvds anyway, now considered "extras"), not to mention the fact that the anime doesn't do as well to stress the whole "persacoms can't love" issue, and it also focuses a bit too much on "aww look at chi do cute stuff" sometimes too, especially in those aforementioned filler episodes

but, i don't know. i couldn't bring myself to give it less than an 8 regardless. like, i was so ready to give it a 7 and be done with it...but when the series got back on track around episode 16 or so, especially in the wonderful last few episodes, i feel like the bad stuff was pretty well made up for.

i don't know. maybe i'll reconsider my score and give it a 7 later. but for now, 8/10. i can't bring myself to be quite as critical of it as some people are, though i do fully recognize its problems.

Tri4se

I am currently reading Berserk. I think I'm on Volume 18.

I am enjoying it quite a lot.  :3

Samus Aran

watched Castle in the Sky

pretty damn great, probably my favorite of his Miyazaki's "older films," but i still think Spirited Away and Mononoke are the best

Go Up