April 27, 2024, 08:24:41 PM

1,531,646 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

MAL Thread

Started by Nyerp, June 08, 2011, 05:15:49 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Samus Aran

Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 28, 2011, 04:52:54 PM
You don't keep a mental note/write it down?

dude, my completed list is over a hundred long. i'm not going to just remember all that. i'd rather have it remembered for me in a way that i can show off.

sillydood;

and writing it down is sloppy and boring

Kalahari Inkantation

but why not use mal lol

ME##

Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 28, 2011, 04:57:57 PM
If you have any iOS device, there's an app called scatter brain that would probably  help you in remembering your list. sillydood;

but he'd still miss the features that i ~mentioned~ in my ~ignored~ post

Samus Aran

yeah there's no community in simply making a list for myself for nobody else to ever see

that'd be boring

bluaki

Quote from: Kaz on July 28, 2011, 03:09:41 PM
Look at this stylish fucking list:

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Razziell

I didn't even know you could customize them to such a degree.
You can fully change the CSS as you see fit, I believe. MAL also lets you set the list's default view to only show one category at a time, which he uses and then styles the category switching buttons to have large pictures.
Though I know how to, I don't care for making mine fancy so I don't bother and just use the default dark theme.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 28, 2011, 04:57:57 PM
If you have any iOS device, there's an app called scatter brain that would probably  help you in remembering your list. sillydood;
I prefer to use plaintext files and a text editor over some strange app for keeping track of various lists like this sillydood;

And like was said earlier, it's nice to be able to easily show off the list. Mine is even longer than Kaz's, at like 132 or so completed series and 8 currently watching.
Quote from: Snowy Deluxe on July 28, 2011, 05:00:20 PM
Because you'd have to pause your anime. baddood;
Not at all, especially if you either watch anime in windowed (non-fullscreen) mode or have multiple monitors. You don't necessarily need to press the + episode count button immediately after watching every single episode either.

don't let's

Back when I first started readin' the manga online I just used to keep track of stuff I've read and completed with my browser bookmarks. I did that for a year. It was pretty horrible. But MAL is pretty good for having a database of everything you've watched/read or finding new things to watch.

Nyerp

snowy's just mad because if he actually made a MAL he'd only have like 10 in completed nyandood;

Andria

Quote from: Kaz on July 28, 2011, 04:51:41 PM
for someone like me, who loves keeping track of what they've seen, it's ideal

it's also an ideal way to keep track of what i want to watch in the future. and it's just fun, i dunno. it's hard to explain my obsession.

IDK about everyone else but I have occasionally forgot the name of an anime I watched and then many months later went back and started watching it again only to realise it five minutes into the episode. With MAL I can check before I even start, and it also makes keeping up with the episodes I am on with multiple series a lot easier.

KonohaShinobi

regarding: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Razziell

If I had the time and knew someone besides me was looking at my list, I would put the time into it for something as nice as that. I just use MAL as a list.

I dont use the MAL forums or anything so the community is pretty detached from me, but I know Kaz is on there pretty often and makes friends and stuff, people leaving messages on his wall... so I feel bad for that man.

Samus Aran

uh i may be on there often but i haven't made "a lot of friends," or any friends in fact, other than boyagers...although i have had some small talk with a few users who PM'd me or posted on my "wall" as you call it

but i also don't get a lot of posts on that, so idk what you're talking about

Andria

I have person leaving messages on my wall all the time on mal

Blaze-Senpai

My list is a bit more stylized but keeps the same table format as the basic lists do, but I changed most of what you can on it.

KonohaShinobi

August 01, 2011, 01:13:03 PM #42 Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 01:27:02 PM by KonohaShinobi
whoa, just learned that this exists

http://www.malupdater.com/index.php

not sure if it works 100% but testing it now

holy shit, its pretty intuitive. I will never have to manually update again.

Samus Aran

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on August 01, 2011, 01:13:03 PM
whoa, just learned that this exists

http://www.malupdater.com/index.php

not sure if it works 100% but testing it now

yeah it's pretty nifty and i've seen people using it, but unfortunately it's somewhat useless for me because i only watch about half of my anime on my computer, if that

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Go Up