April 18, 2024, 03:58:18 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Osama Bin Laden - DEAD

Started by Dullahan, May 01, 2011, 08:09:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Dullahan

Quote from: YPR on May 01, 2011, 09:10:29 PM
Eh? I never suggested it wasn't his
No.

I'm saying, the soldiers probably would have captured him if he was alive. But it seems it was DOA, so that's why they had to run a DNA test on him.

applesauce

Quote from: vziard on May 01, 2011, 09:13:34 PM

are you serious?

Maybe you still think it's cool to force yourself to have no emotional response to anything. Life's pretty boring that way.

musica.cards

Quote from: vziard on May 01, 2011, 09:13:34 PM
so obama killed the bin laden project, great. seems suspiciously well-timed to me, with news about our continued/discontinued actions in Iraq coming out soon and presidential election next year.

no one knows who the fuck Bin Laden is or what he actually did, I think the people saying 'justice has been served, fuck yeah america' are manipulated fools. I don't believe in 9/11 truth shit nor am I trying to include it, just saying that all parts of this -- bin laden as an identity/target, his capture, information available to media throughout the 'war on terror' -- have been fed from the top down

I'm concerned how about what Obama said about it and the media's reaction to it. On top of it, they decided to beat on a dead horse by implying criticisms of Bush's administration -- not that this whole thing was necessarily a legitimate issue, given the might that the US used to (at least) have.

Quote from: applesauce on May 01, 2011, 09:18:40 PM
Maybe you still think it's cool to force yourself to have no emotional response to anything. Life's pretty boring that way.

akudood;
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

YPrrrr

I should move this to serious discussion so people know they will be fighting with others in this thread girl;
Quote from: Dullahan on May 01, 2011, 09:16:11 PM
No.

I'm saying, the soldiers probably would have captured him if he was alive. But it seems it was DOA, so that's why they had to run a DNA test on him.
Well yeah, but you have plenty of time to kill yourself before being captured. There may not even have been a fire fight, but it sure does sound like a much more romantic ending to a war essentially based around getting revenge

snoorkel

Quote from: applesauce on May 01, 2011, 09:18:40 PM

who should I be happy for?

applesauce

It's not that you *should* be happy. You can feel however you want.

It's not even that I'm feeling all that happy; there's just some events that are so inspiring and bring up so many feeling about the greatness of humanity or the tremendous effort and history that your life is built on. It's more about the language he used at the end, that made me feel so overwhelmingly connected to so many millions of people, today and throughout history.

Andria

Quote from: vziard on May 01, 2011, 09:30:40 PM
who should I be happy for?
for America man such a great victory
[spoiler] I'm right there with you on this not having a reason to be happy about[/spoiler]

snoorkel

Quote from: applesauce on May 01, 2011, 09:36:41 PM
It's not that you *should* be happy. You can feel however you want.

It's not even that I'm feeling all that happy; there's just some events that are so inspiring and bring up so many feeling about the greatness of humanity or the tremendous effort and history that your life is built on. It's more about the language he used at the end, that made me feel so overwhelmingly connected to so many millions of people, today and throughout history.

I don't have a problem with that, but it doesn't seem that significant to me since all you have in common with everyone else is that you're all watching the same tv program

Nyerp

applesauce

Quote from: vziard on May 01, 2011, 09:44:48 PM
I don't have a problem with that, but it doesn't seem that significant to me since all you have in common with everyone else is that you're all watching the same tv program

Or, you know, all of american history. It's not the event, it's the speech that I'm talking about.

Nyerp

this thread is even worse in this board

YPrrrr

Bloody hell I don't even know what to say to all of these people excitedly messaging me about it when I'm so ambivalent myface;

I don't really want to be a buzzkill

Patrick Stickles

I don't celebrate the death of anyone, but I take great pleasure in reading some obituaries. - i think mark twain

basically how i feel, i'm not going to celebrate the fact that he died, but i'm not going to say it was a great loss for mankind either
What the fuck was it for anyway?

snoorkel

Hitler's death was announced on May 1st, 1945 SYNCHRONICITY OR CONSPIRACY?

or is it like that thing where blockbusters always come out in the summer?    doodhuh;

YPrrrr

And just in time for wedding season too...

Definitely a conspiracy

Go Up