April 16, 2024, 01:38:45 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Osama Bin Laden - DEAD

Started by Dullahan, May 01, 2011, 08:09:22 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

C.Mongler

Travis

Quote from: Soycho on May 01, 2011, 08:24:36 PM
Funerals celebrate the life of someone

what is going on is a fervor of hate celebrating the fact he is dead.

i don't understand how you could have any compassion for a person like osama bin laden

don't let's

Quote from: _you_ on May 01, 2011, 08:19:23 PM
Why are they taking up air time to report on this? I could just find out online akudood;
I know right? And it was just 15 minutes until the local news :(

KonohaShinobi

You're acting as if he wasn't a terrorist who threatened the country numerous times and caused 9/11. You can't pretend as though he's joe schmo off the street.

Why try so hard to be a pretentious dick? No one is going to give you a medal for human rights.

Bushy

Nah funerals celebrate and death, because after death cokes afterlife(religious people at least)
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Andria

Quote from: Travis on May 01, 2011, 08:26:12 PM
i don't understand how you could have any compassion for a person like osama bin laden

Not celebrating or finding it right to celebrate killing someone no matter who they are isn't a bad thing.

I fully understand he was a dick, but being OH YEA HE IS DEAD WOOOO PARTY isn't right hence where my problem lies.
Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 01, 2011, 08:26:48 PM
You're acting as if he wasn't a terrorist who threatened the country numerous times and caused 9/11. You can't pretend as though he's joe schmo off the street.

Why try so hard to be a pretentious dick? No one is going to give you a medal for human rights.

Oh no he threatened us. Tons of people have and many more will. We trained him. We gave him the ability to do the things he did.

I am not saying he wasn't a bad person or a terrorist but ffs there is no need to be in a fit of joy over it.

We are still in Afghanistan and Iraq, we still have other big issues to worry about.

No one is trying to be a pretentious dick

musica.cards

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 01, 2011, 08:21:36 PM
because everyone has the internet right?

because everyone has the tv right?

akudood;

Quote from: KonohaShinobi on May 01, 2011, 08:26:48 PM

Try saying that again once you've identified the personal, psychological cause for Osama's actions (and how much did he actually do with his own hands?).
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Travis

Quote from: Soycho on May 01, 2011, 08:29:39 PM
Not celebrating or finding it right to celebrate killing someone no matter who they are isn't a bad thing.

I fully understand he was a dick, but being OH YEA HE IS DEAD WOOOO PARTY isn't right hence where my problem lies.
why not? what do you feel is so wrong with that

Andria

Quote from: Travis on May 01, 2011, 08:32:31 PM

Because.

You're celebrating the death of someone just like we are shown that members of Al Queda and the like are shown to celebrate the death of Americans.

There is outrage if someone in a middle eastern country praises them for 9/11 or something like that. Why shouldn't the same outrage be turned back?

I seriously don't care what he did, celebrating death in itself is wrong. For a patriotic reason doesn't make it cool. It is still stupid.

musica.cards

Quote from: Travis on May 01, 2011, 08:32:31 PM

Again, did he do it for power, or was there a legitimate, psychological reason for his orders?
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

YPrrrr

I'm such a boyager...

The reaction on Facebook startles me because it really doesn't mean anything to me... it certainly doesn't justify any of our wars and doesn't reduce the threat of terrorism whatsoever that one man is dead.

It's just rather 'meh'

KonohaShinobi

Quote from: _you_ on May 01, 2011, 08:35:07 PM
Again, did he do it for power, or was there a legitimate, psychological reason for his orders?

What is the point of making Hitler or Saddam a sympathetic character?
Quote from: _you_ on May 01, 2011, 08:29:50 PM
because everyone has the tv right?

akudood;

It'll be in the papers.

And I'm sure it's less of "FUCK YES A MAN IS DEAD" and more "A THREAT TO MY LIVELIHOOD AND SAFE WAY OF LIVING IS GONE? THANK YOU AMERICA", you all are reading too much into it, why wouldn't you be justified in celebrating, especially if you were apart of the 9/11 disaster which pretty much every one has a "where you were on 9/11" story? It's mildly like after WW2, all those pictures of people celebrating in the streets and stuff, completely ok. I know I'm wearing Red/White/Blue to support my country tomorrow.

Dullahan

Quote from: Soycho on May 01, 2011, 08:29:39 PM
I am not saying he wasn't a bad person or a terrorist but ffs there is no need to be in a fit of joy over it.
I understand your morals. And I feel the way you do, but I just feel more indifferent towards it. I can't feel bad for him, I can only feel bad for any innocent ones he may have been close to.

Dullahan

Obama's speech is on if anyone cares.

Andria

Quote from: Dullahan on May 01, 2011, 08:37:56 PM
I understand your morals. And I feel the way you do, but I just feel more indifferent towards it. I can't feel bad for him, I can only feel bad for any innocent ones he may have been close to.

Oh what people are misunderstanding is that I actually care. I am completely indifferent. I am simply against celebrating the death the way that I am seeing people do.

Go Up