The end of the birther movement: the release of Obama's long-form certificate

Started by [REDACTED], April 27, 2011, 09:09:23 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Travis

this might be the first boyah debate in history where i've not been compelled to read a single post from either party. congratulations on that

[REDACTED]

Quote from: Travis on April 28, 2011, 03:33:06 PM
this might be the first boyah debate in history where i've not been compelled to read a single post from either party
or maybe it was the first one you've ever read
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

YPrrrr

I feel ashamed that my hometown is responsible for the Articles of Confederation

[REDACTED]

I do not have HIV/AIDS.

YPrrrr

Don't tell me what to do nigga

I don't think I can lock it before the other party has had a chance to respond anyway

musica.cards

Quote from: Quis sum? on April 28, 2011, 03:31:40 PM
Because they were the articles under the government at the time of the official secession from Britain and formed the first notion of an United States of America?

All we're concerned about is the disassociation from the British, and the dissolution of the political ties thereof (such ties including citizenship).

Quote from: Quis sum? on April 28, 2011, 03:31:40 PM
And doesn't the term for our major subdivision, "state", have a connotation to you?

Of course it does, but why would the British try to enforce citizenship on states that have already claimed independence, when trying to do so would get their asses kicked again? Between the Revolutionary War and the 1870 British nationality law, we've kicked their asses in the Battle of New Orleans. That's the battle that pretty much made us the country we are today. Interestingly enough, that's a decent amount of time since we've dissolved our political ties to Britain (or does citizenship not count?). So then how does the 1870 British nationality law apply to the US, 55 years after the Battle of New Orleans, and 83 years after the establishment of the US Constitution?
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

[REDACTED]

Quote from: _you_ on April 28, 2011, 03:47:59 PM
So then how does the 1870 British nationality law apply to the US?
It doesn't, only to its respective citizens. Eight of our first nine presidents were dual citizens, full-stop.
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

musica.cards

Quote from: Quis sum? on April 28, 2011, 03:57:51 PM
It doesn't, only to its respective citizens. Eight of our first nine presidents were dual citizens, full-stop.

Is that even constitutional? I mean, they were at least American citizens at the time of the Constitution's establishment, but you still haven't properly established why they couldn't renounce their British citizenship, when they obviously had the power to do so (let's see how words hold up against guns).
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

[REDACTED]

Quote from: _you_ on April 28, 2011, 04:01:17 PM
Is that even constitutional? I mean, they were at least American citizens at the time of the Constitution's establishment, but you still haven't properly established why they couldn't renounce their British citizenship, when they obviously had the power to do so (let's see how words hold up against guns).
i think you've established they were traitors to the british crown and british subjects not in good standing, but strictly speaking they are british subjects nevertheless
this is why you see the british trying to impress british-born us citizens. the notion of renunciation and expatriation started after the war of 1812
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

musica.cards

Quote from: Quis sum? on April 28, 2011, 04:03:25 PM
i think you've established they were traitors to the british crown and british subjects not in good standing, but strictly speaking they are british subjects nevertheless

If a British ambassador were to say that to a current (at the time) American citizen, who used to be a British subject, that ambassador would surely die. Get the picture?

[REDACTED]

and those american colonists were tax cheats too and were taxed less than the british mainland
our aversion to taxes dates back to colonial times
I do not have HIV/AIDS.

musica.cards

Go Up