October 28, 2024, 01:17:42 AM

1,531,342 Posts in 46,732 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

We're getting a new keyboard (the music type)

Started by The artist formally known, June 04, 2007, 07:43:06 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

We bought one a long ass time ago but it broke and now I just nagged my dad into calling it in since our warranty is almost up. They said they wouldn't fix it because it is so old, but instead, they're letting us keep the broken keyboard and giving us a full refund (not including the $60 warranty and taxes). I asked my dad if we could buy another with the money, and he said yes.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to buy or tips on what to look for? Guitar Center is the closet store near me that sells keyboards. I just want one that will hook up to my computer, I don't really need it for playing really loud or anything like that.

heltar

heltar

This looks ideal for a first time if you're going to be screwing with it with computers. I don't think you need all of the extra shit on top, since it'll be in the computer, you should get a program to go with it, some MIDI program, idk what one, and i can get you a really good composition/arrangement program too, if you need that.

It';s also affordable

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Keystation49e-main.html

EDIT: Helps if i post the link rite

Quote from: helter skelter on June 04, 2007, 07:47:26 PM
This looks ideal for a first time if you're going to be screwing with it with computers. I don't think you need all of the extra shit on top, since it'll be in the computer, you should get a program to go with it, some MIDI program, idk what one, and i can get you a really good composition/arrangement program too, if you need that.

It';s also affordable

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Keystation49e-main.html

EDIT: Helps if i post the link rite
Oh, I was looking at a expensive one that will do everything since my parents got $380 back on our keyboard. It was like we paid $60 for the keyboard that we have right now

flower;

heltar

OH,i  thought you meant...
Okay, i'll look into it... :D

the one that our school has is hella awesome

Pancake Paraphernalia

get this too. ( fuck nsiders made it censored)
number stations

heltar

okay, im still looking up synths, i'll AIM you or something

SBKT

Quote from: DecembeR on June 04, 2007, 08:02:06 PM
Get out.

Get the one that Alec uses with his FLstudio. you could figure it out on the Bit Blot forums.

Pancake Paraphernalia

Quote from: SBKT on June 04, 2007, 08:03:53 PM
Quote from: DecembeR on June 04, 2007, 08:02:06 PM
Get out.

Get the one that Alec uses with his FLstudio. you could figure it out on the Bit Blot forums.

i never noticed that. slowpoke;
number stations

Go Up