April 19, 2024, 09:13:32 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

BEER

Started by snoorkel, March 09, 2011, 01:07:55 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

YPrrrr

Quote from: Dullahan on October 13, 2014, 03:26:12 PM
Looking at some of the comments - is there even any beer that DOES taste good?

Either way, I usually like Sleeman's, MGD, or Mill Street. Trying to get into some more home brewed stuff though. Can't stand dark beer.
Yes, lots of pale ales taste awesome

Dullahan

Quote from: YPR Classic on October 14, 2014, 12:25:15 AM
Quote from: Dullahan on October 13, 2014, 03:26:12 PM
Looking at some of the comments - is there even any beer that DOES taste good?

Either way, I usually like Sleeman's, MGD, or Mill Street. Trying to get into some more home brewed stuff though. Can't stand dark beer.
Yes, lots of pale ales taste awesome
I would agree. I have a lot of friends who would differ.

silvertone

beer- more like ...BElongs in thE tRash

Mando Pandango

I like brown ales and red ales a lot. Smuttynose Old Brown Dog is great. I really like most of what Victory and Magic Hat make too. There are a couple local breweries (Brown's and Davidson Brothers) that make some delicious brews.

As far as stuff you'll find everywhere, I usually go with Sam Adams.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

Oh, Red Hook and Goose Island make great stuff too. And as far as lighter beer goes, Shock Top isn't bad.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Mando Pandango

i love a good ipa, but i hate a mediocre one

Daddy

I've bought a bunch of new shit in the last few days. When i was passing through the state i did two "make your own six packs":

got those

I wanted to grab a sour beer and a christmas beer or two today (mad elf on left was one) but ended up picking up this instead:

left 6 were in a sampler pack

middle 2 were single bottles

last 3 were sam smith gift set and turned out to be cheaper than if i bought them separately and only marginally more than if i just bought the chocolate stout.

Drinking the left of the dial now

Hiro

i like that owl one, or one from that same brand

Daddy

Quote from: y-i on December 14, 2014, 02:29:20 PM
i like that owl one, or one from that same brand
it was good

snoorkel

oatmeal stout sounds goood

Samus Aran

I'm glad everyone seems to agree that IPAs can be pretty good. I dont have much experience with then though. Alexander Keith's is a good one I've had. Rolling Rock is OK.

Has anyone had shandies? I like those too. Summer Shandy was nice this summer.

I haven't really had much that I actually like when it comes to popular beer, though up here Labatt Blue is popular as a lager, and its pretty decent.

Tbh I don't bother with beer much, I tend to lean toward hard cider and stuff or hard liquor/mixed drinks/liqueurs more often

Daddy

Quote from: Platinum the Trinity on December 15, 2014, 12:01:55 PM
I'm glad everyone seems to agree that IPAs can be pretty good. I dont have much experience with then though. Alexander Keith's is a good one I've had. Rolling Rock is OK.

Has anyone had shandies? I like those too. Summer Shandy was nice this summer.

I haven't really had much that I actually like when it comes to popular beer, though up here Labatt Blue is popular as a lager, and its pretty decent.

Tbh I don't bother with beer much, I tend to lean toward hard cider and stuff or hard liquor/mixed drinks/liqueurs more often
which summer shandy?

i forget the last i had. i think Leinenkugel, though tons of places had shocktop.

if you can you should try ufo raspberry hefeweizen.

not so much of a beer flavor as a nice raspberry one

Samus Aran

It was Leinenkugel.

ME##

YPrrrr

Shandies are okay because they're still cheap like Leinenkugel's but also somewhat cover up the standard Leinenkugel taste which is kinda lousy imo. I forget which one is my favorite of theirs but I always find fruit beers interesting if nothing else

Go Up