June 26, 2024, 05:32:18 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

LOL POKEMON

Started by [REDACTED], February 24, 2011, 08:56:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Andria

Quote from: Gentle Nipple Shark on March 12, 2011, 01:12:36 PM
Oh so I thought of something I can contribute.

Typically, do you keep your team based on looks or by stats?

I decide my team based on looks, but i try to have a type balanced team. This is why I have trubbish. Also, I'm probably going to get rid of Sawk for that bear thing.

My team is - Dewot, Dog thing, Trubbish, Sawk, and Pansear. Gonna get a flying type, friend suggests that one that comes from a fossil.

I do a mix of type/look

like I will pick a pokemon with lesser stats that looks cool over one that is ugly but amazing. I definitely go for a decent balance of types though when I beat the game at least. Until then I go with whatever I need

Samus Aran

I decide my team based on looks, but i try to have a type balanced team. This is why I have trubbish. Also, I'm probably going to get rid of Sawk for that bear thing.

My team is - Dewot, Dog thing, Trubbish, Sawk, and Pansear. Gonna get a flying type, friend suggests that one that comes from a fossil.

mix of type/looks/stats

i try to balance out everything, basically.

Thyme

Quote from: Kapitän Deutschland on March 12, 2011, 01:25:47 PM
still the coolest pogeymon
[spoiler][/spoiler]
WELL ONE OF THEM
I CAN NEVER PICK A FAVORITE ;-;

wrench;

Samus Aran

scyther is pretty badass, i just never found him way too useful

YPrrrr

When I first got Red I wanted a Scyther so badly because he looked awesome in the lineup of pokemon that scroll past Ash before you press start... Then I realized bug-type was worthless in that game wry

wawi

Quote from: YPR on March 12, 2011, 02:54:37 PM
When I first got Red I wanted a Scyther so badly because he looked awesome in the lineup of pokemon that scroll past Ash before you press start... Then I realized bug-type was worthless in that game wry

I know ;-;
most bug type are cool looking too

strongbad

So what is Boyah's general consenus on black and white? I really want to give them a try before I purchase them but I can't find my micro sd adapter :/

Dullahan

Quote from: MF Doom on March 12, 2011, 03:14:51 PM
So what is Boyah's general consenus on black and white? I really want to give them a try before I purchase them but I can't find my micro sd adapter :/
[spoiler]
QuoteHave Black version. Pretty decent. I'm more drawn into it than I was with D/P/P. The landscaping is great, and the environment (although doesn't compare to Gold/Silver) is alright.

Some issues I'm finding are the way they fucked around with the battle mechanics. Is it me, OR AM I ALWAYS FUCKING MISSING MY ATTACKS? Seriously, sometimes I have to restart the game to redo TRAINER battles because I can't afford the fucking money to buy more potions and either I manage to miss, or they manage to land five critical hits on me. psyduck;

I'm also not the biggest fan of having two rivals. I'm always approaching them and I don't even have the fourth badge. When it was just one rival, you approached him every once in a while. But here, it seems you approach a rival everytime you enter a new route.

There, however, does seem to be more exploration in the game, which I appreciate. I also favour this monster list over the D/P/P generation (by A LOT, especially because 1/3 of them were evolutions of older guys). As for playing with a friend online, you can use it while your wireless router is set to WPA, whereas before you needed to use WEP, which is awesome. Despite the graphics being somewhat relevant to D/P/P, the music is a lot better than the fourth and third generation games.

All in all, I can say it's a game worth playing. I've been avoiding Pokemon games for years and I decided to try this one out and I enjoy it. happydood;
[/spoiler]

Hydreigon learns fly, but only his form. And he has the highest evolving level in the entire series.

Yeah, I try to have a type balanced team as well. So far, I have Serperior, Seismitoad, Vanillish, Litwick, and Tynamo. Thinking about getting Deino. I have 7 badges and I'm getting close to Victory Road.

Andria

I hate the electric gym leader with her flying rats that know aerial ace and use double team every other move  akudood;

YPrrrr

Quote from: MF Doom on March 12, 2011, 03:14:51 PM
I can give you a link if you want

I got the rom today so I could try it out and see if it was worth giving Pokemon another chance... so far it's surprisingly really good, although I am only to the first gym. It's much nicer than I thought to not have the old generations in the game and the storyline of team plasma actually has me intrigued. I think I will get it if my brother decides to... or maybe I'll get it regardless

wawi

WHY DOES LILLIPUP GET SO UGLY ;-;

YPrrrr

Quote from: Kapitän Deutschland on March 12, 2011, 06:04:30 PM
WHY DOES LILLIPUP GET SO UGLY ;-;

It's a yorkie, it's always been ugly

Dullahan

Quote from: Soycho on March 12, 2011, 04:41:56 PM
I hate the electric gym leader with her flying rats that know aerial ace and use double team every other move  akudood;
That's why I love my Seismitoad. ;)

Andria

Quote from: Dullahan on March 12, 2011, 07:15:26 PM
That's why I love my Seismitoad. ;)

I leveled up my Servine like a level or two and just cleaned the floor with her. Then the ground gym was a joke too.

Tomboh

March 12, 2011, 08:19:26 PM #89 Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 08:26:47 PM by Tomboh
White is pretty ballin' so far.

The best part of the game so far has been me seeing and catching my first shiny Pokemon OF THE WHOLE SERIES. It was a Tympole and now it's a Seismitoad. I'm pretty lucky that the first shiny Pokemon I ever saw was actually a useful Pokemon.

Anyways I beat the Elite 4/The two guys that follow a little bit ago and now I'm just fucking around even though there's still more story left. Also I haven't seen like 1/3 of the map yet.

My team so far: Serperior, Zekrom, Scrafty, Victini, Seismitoad, and Archeops.

If anyone wants to battle in-game teams, I'm up for it.  Q('_' Q)

Yeah that's what my Archeops evolved from. It's a rock-flying type (like Aerodactyl) that has a great  attack stat and pretty good speed but pretty shitty defense and sp. defense.

I should say though that the actual Pokemon that you'll get from the fossil, Archen, can't learn Fly. Archeops can learn it though. The Pokedex says some shit about how Archen is really heavy and can't fly. You get it at level 25 and it evolves at 37 or 39, I forget.

Go Up