June 26, 2024, 05:33:03 AM

1,531,274 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Ocarina of time 3ds.

Started by The spy who loves you, April 22, 2011, 04:41:42 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The spy who loves you

Your thoughts?

Well it's very pretty, but despite what all the critics are saying I'm honestly not seeing much of a reason to really to purchase it as of yet.

Boss run, woopty fucking do. I mean link still attacks in the same manner, doesn't have any of the cool sword tricks he gains in WW and TP. Hyrule still looks to be about the same size, the dungeon puzzles are looking to be largely the same as they were in the original game. I mean this is a game that's seen re-release multiple times. I was always hoping that if they were to remake OOT it'd be an actual reimagining, not just enhanced port.

Why aren't the making hyrule bigger? Why aren't they giving you the option to ride epona as a child?Why aren't they giving link any combat tricks he had in TP?

I mean seriously dawg doodthing;

Nyerp

why were you expecting anything more than just an enhanced port

Quote from: The spy who loves you on April 22, 2011, 04:41:42 PM
Why aren't the making hyrule bigger? Why aren't they giving you the option to ride epona as a child?Why aren't they giving link any combat tricks he had in TP?

these are pretty stupid things to ask for anyway

Commander Fuckass

They should just make a different Zelda game for the 3DS instead of re-making it awdood;
http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Samus Aran

i'm pretty sure everyone other than you expected this to be just an enhanced port, cam

not sure why you would've thought otherwise

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Yusuke on April 22, 2011, 04:44:26 PM

these are pretty stupid things to ask for anyway
Not really

a bigger hyrule with hearts in different spots, more shit to find, perhaps new locale all together. In the original game sure it's no big deal you can't ride epona as a kid but it'd still be nice to have the option just to screw around. things like parrying and the new sword moves your learn were a nice touch and it'd be nice if link had some new moves this time around, it'd also be nice if they could find some way to incorporate sword attacks on the horse.

I guess I want to see a more modernized version of OOT, because honestly, while it's still an awesome game, it's fucking dated as shit. Just making it prettier isn't enough to warrant making yet another version.

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Kenstar on April 22, 2011, 07:28:04 PM
i'm pretty sure everyone other than you expected this to be just an enhanced port, cam

not sure why you would've thought otherwise
I know, I was just hoping for more, because a reimagining COULD be really cool.

Samus Aran

Quote from: The spy who loves you on April 22, 2011, 07:30:12 PM
Just making it prettier isn't enough to warrant making yet another version.

while i pretty much agree with you, you have to keep in mind that this is a game designed pretty much solely for selling the 3ds

they simply don't care.

The spy who loves you

Quote from: Kenstar on April 22, 2011, 07:32:19 PM
while i pretty much agree with you, you have to keep in mind that this is a game designed pretty much solely for selling the 3ds

they simply don't care.
the sad part is that people will eat the shit up

Nyerp

i don't see what's so bad about it

Samus Aran

Quote from: Yusuke on April 22, 2011, 07:40:17 PM
i don't see what's so bad about it

there's nothing bad about it

but it is hard for me to care about something that's just yet another port of a game i already own on two consoles

ME##

i'm not really surprised.  most of those things would change the game too much and giving link moves from the newer titles would make the game too easy [see: the twin snakes].  befuddlement

[spoiler]imagine, they could be throwing in a tacked-on multiplayer aspect myface;[/spoiler]

Wrench

I'm hoping they make a 3DS/OoT bundle. It would be mine if the price was fair. I already own this game on the N64, but the 3DS makes it look really neat.

Go Up