June 04, 2024, 03:29:41 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

ANIME STREAM: On Hiatus

Started by Samus Aran, January 23, 2011, 04:35:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

?

Canaan (13)
1 (3.1%)
BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad (26)
0 (0%)
Elfen Lied (13)
1 (3.1%)
Ergo Proxy (23)
1 (3.1%)
Samurai Champloo (26)
2 (6.3%)
Shoujo Kakumei Utena (39)
0 (0%)
Mushishi (26)
0 (0%)
Last Exile (26)
0 (0%)
Golden Boy (6)
0 (0%)
Gundam Wing (49)
2 (6.3%)
Wolf's Rain (26)
0 (0%)
Kino's Journey (13)
0 (0%)
Gunslinger Girl (13)
0 (0%)
Kamisama no Memochou (12)
0 (0%)
Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo (24)
0 (0%)
Clannad (23)
2 (6.3%)
Blue Gender (26)
0 (0%)
Fullmetal Alchemist (51)
1 (3.1%)
Lucky Star (24)
2 (6.3%)
Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai (12)
2 (6.3%)
Full Metal Panic! (24)
1 (3.1%)
Darker than Black Gaiden/Season 2 (16)
0 (0%)
Saikano (13)
0 (0%)
Gosick (24)
0 (0%)
Nichijou (26)
1 (3.1%)
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha (13)
0 (0%)
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu (13)
2 (6.3%)
Black Lagoon (12)
0 (0%)
Escaflowne (26)
0 (0%)
Blue Submarine No. 6 (4)
0 (0%)
Eureka Seven (50)
0 (0%)
Michiko to Hatchin (22)
0 (0%)
Dennou Coil (26)
0 (0%)
Bokurano (24)
0 (0%)
Noir (26)
1 (3.1%)
Kuragehime (11)
0 (0%)
Spice and Wolf (13)
1 (3.1%)
Birdy the Mighty Decode (13)
0 (0%)
Texhnolyze (22)
0 (0%)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
2 (6.3%)
Arakawa Under the Bridge (13)
2 (6.3%)
Ouran High School Host Club (26)
1 (3.1%)
Tiger and Bunny (25)
1 (3.1%)
Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni (26)
0 (0%)
RahXephon (26)
0 (0%)
Alien Nine (4)
0 (0%)
Genshiken (12)
0 (0%)
Ghost Hound (22)
0 (0%)
Irresponsible Captain Tylor (26)
0 (0%)
xxxHOLIC (24)
3 (9.4%)
Kemonozume (13)
0 (0%)
Martian Successor Nadesico (26)
0 (0%)
Paradise Kiss (12)
1 (3.1%)
Real Drive (26)
0 (0%)
School Rumble (26)
0 (0%)
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin (13)
0 (0%)
Seitokai Yakuindomo (13)
0 (0%)
Shadow Star Narutaru (13)
0 (0%)
Shiki (22)
0 (0%)
Toradora! (25)
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: June 29, 2013, 01:07:50 PM

Go Down

ME##

Quote from: Kid on April 08, 2011, 03:49:07 PM
btw, it may be worth mentioning that i have both Eva rebuild movies now, so if you guys ever wanna watch those, there's that

we could do those for movie night y/n

Samus Aran

Quote from: Jykehy on April 08, 2011, 03:51:11 PM
we could do those for movie night y/n

lol that's true, we could

or just add a movie day like we did with Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Thyme

Samus Aran

Quote from: Thyme on April 08, 2011, 04:49:41 PM
paprika looks cook

and yet you wouldn't watch Paranoia Agent with us, an anime by the same director that's just as good if not better in some episodes

bassir;

Samus Aran

I won't say too much about it so I don't spoil things, but the changes made in the first Eva Rebuild were, for the most part, all for the better. Definitely better-looking, that's for sure...but I guess I should be commenting on the voices in the dub, huh?

Shinji = same voice actor, but he sounds a little bit more natural. There's not much to say here, really. A small improvement on a voice that was already good enough anyway. His screams are less weird, for one thing, and since he bitches less anyway, you won't hear him sounding that way as much.

Misato = same voice actress, but again, improved.

Gendo = different voice actor (at least, it sounds like one to me), but not any worse or any better. No real comments here.

Ritsuko = totally different voice actress, or at least she's using a different voice, because she's a massive improvement if you ask me.

Three NERV correspondents = better. Much much better. I seem to recall you guys hating Maya's voice. You know, the black haired lesbo (lol). You'll be happy to hear her sounding much more natural.

Rei = neither better nor worse. She no longer sounds robotic and emotionless, and much more like an actual teenage girl while still being slightly emotionless...but at the same time, I kind of miss that soft whisper of a voice she has in the series, and her voice fit what she is...but I dunno, I can't make up my mind which I'd actually rather have at the end of the day.

Kensuke and Toji = radically different. Kensuke had a ridiculous voice in the series, and he has a ridiculous one again, although completely different. In fact, remember Kaworu's voice? That voice actor is now doing Kensuke, so yeah, that oddly young-sounding, almost nasally sort of voice...but it doesn't fit Kensuke as well as it fit Kaworu, I think. Toji is...fine, I guess. I dunno. His voice is unremarkable. I think it's just maybe a little bit worse. Oh well, I guess.

Overall, the dub quality is an improvement. We will definitely be watching the dub. I have no doubts that 2.22's will be just as good. I'm not sure if I'm going to stay up and watch that too right now or not.

ME##

Quote from: Kid on April 09, 2011, 03:38:17 AM
I won't say too much about it so I don't spoil things, but the changes made in the first Eva Rebuild were, for the most part, all for the better. Definitely better-looking, that's for sure...but I guess I should be commenting on the voices in the dub, huh?

Shinji = same voice actor, but he sounds a little bit more natural. There's not much to say here, really. A small improvement on a voice that was already good enough anyway. His screams are less weird, for one thing, and since he bitches less anyway, you won't hear him sounding that way as much.

Misato = same voice actress, but again, improved.

Gendo = different voice actor (at least, it sounds like one to me), but not any worse or any better. No real comments here.

Ritsuko = totally different voice actress, or at least she's using a different voice, because she's a massive improvement if you ask me.

Three NERV correspondents = better. Much much better. I seem to recall you guys hating Maya's voice. You know, the black haired lesbo (lol). You'll be happy to hear her sounding much more natural.

Rei = neither better nor worse. She no longer sounds robotic and emotionless, and much more like an actual teenage girl while still being slightly emotionless...but at the same time, I kind of miss that soft whisper of a voice she has in the series, and her voice fit what she is...but I dunno, I can't make up my mind which I'd actually rather have at the end of the day.

Kensuke and Toji = radically different. Kensuke had a ridiculous voice in the series, and he has a ridiculous one again, although completely different. In fact, remember Kaworu's voice? That voice actor is now doing Kensuke, so yeah, that oddly young-sounding, almost nasally sort of voice...but it doesn't fit Kensuke as well as it fit Kaworu, I think. Toji is...fine, I guess. I dunno. His voice is unremarkable. I think it's just maybe a little bit worse. Oh well, I guess.

Overall, the dub quality is an improvement. We will definitely be watching the dub. I have no doubts that 2.22's will be just as good. I'm not sure if I'm going to stay up and watch that too right now or not.

This is good to hear.  thumbup;

Nyerp

i don't like change in my anime........................................

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

Nyerp

Samus Aran

okay i put up a poll with a mix of some of the most often suggested ideas as well as some more recent ones

i pretty much expect Lain to win at this point but i'm still curious to see what else gets several votes, as i'm giving everyone 2 votes

Nyerp

Samus Aran

Go Up