October 01, 2024, 04:37:00 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I accidentally went in a sanitary sewer.

Started by applesauce, January 02, 2011, 09:54:09 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

applesauce

So last night Snorkel, Snorkel's girlfriend, her roomate, and I went draining. Snorkel and his lady were being slowfucks on the way out and so the other girl and I ended up like 1/4th of a mile ahead of them. While we were waiting I decided to check out what was up this really stinky and steamy trapdoor.

What a terrible decision! I emerged onto a little concrete platform in the middle of a tunnel stretching off in each direction, every surface covered in a thick, dripping, white slime. Other than the concrete ledge I was on, the tunnel had a plastic grating for a floor, below which a massive current of black water was rushing. It was extremely windy, and really loud. Needless to say, I wasn't about to take the gloves off for a photo.

I haven't seen any detailed drawings of West Kittsondale, but according to what I can find from the Met Council, the Minneapolis Joint Interceptor runs just east of the river through the area, meaning it would have to cross the drain at some point on its way down to Pigs Eye. Pretty sure that's what this was.

My gloves and jacket got all covered in the white slime, and it froze once we got outside, only to thaw again in the car. Such a terrible experience.

Oh, also, we found this on the way out:

Classic

??????

Selkie

I would have bugged out in there...

I absolutely hate enclosed places/underground places.

don't let's

Nyerp

Hiro

You and Snorkel make Minneapolis seem really fucking awesome.

Commander Fuckass

http://psnprofiles.com/TheMaysian][/URL]3DS Friend Code: 5086-5790-7151

crystalpepsi

Quote from: Panty on January 02, 2011, 11:14:45 PM
why would you do any of that
because its whats cool with the hip kids these days

Andria

Classic

Socks

i can honestly admire the drainage expeditions, as that is not something i have experience with. it does seem mildly interesting, much like that sewer with the brown stuff, which is not unlike the replies in this thread. i truly wonder, if something as earthly as this seems fascinating, as the conscience of another, than what poor powers of perspective most must hold!

Travis

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:35:36 AMI truly wonder, if something as earthly as this seems fascinating, as the conscience of another, than what poor powers of perspective most must hold!

I think the entire appeal is the feeling and spirit of exploration, which is something that we naturally strive for, but which is very difficult to obtain in our time, especially for those in more urban environments.

I wouldn't think it's any (ok some) different than cutting a trail through a forest that few people go. Sure, it's probably mapped somewhere, but you're seeing something firsthand that few others do.

LCK

Quote from: Admin on January 02, 2011, 11:14:50 PM
You and Snorkel make Minneapolis seem really fucking awesome.
it is actually a pretty entertaining place

Go Up