September 25, 2024, 08:23:42 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Boyah Movie Night V: DØD SNØ IN FOUR MINUTES

Started by ME##, November 21, 2010, 09:52:11 AM

previous topic - next topic

Voting in Boyah's favourite weekly event.

Inception
7 (36.8%)
Dead Snow
12 (63.2%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: November 26, 2010, 03:04:42 PM

Go Down

ME##

I don't think I've ever watched Return of the Jedi all the way through.  confuseddood;

musica.cards

Quote from: Hitoshi-san on November 22, 2010, 02:13:01 PM
you'd be surprised how many people around here actually have never really bothered with Star Wars, so no, it might actually be a rather bad idea to start with Empire

Right, but is A New Hope necessarily the better choice? If we were to do a Star Wars night, we should vote whether or not we should watch in original order or chronological order.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Samus Aran

Quote from: Mercowskey, Liza on November 22, 2010, 02:17:45 PM
I don't think I've ever watched Return of the Jedi all the way through.  confuseddood;

the newest version messed up the ending by adding Jar Jar in the celebration sequence :'(

or at least some gungan that sounds like him

Samus Aran

Quote from: you  on November 22, 2010, 02:19:13 PM
Right, but is A New Hope necessarily the better choice? If we were to do a Star Wars night, we should vote whether or not we should watch in original order or chronological order.

no prequels. none. no. never. no prequel trilogy. fuck them. original trilogy only, so yes, first hope, then empire, then jedi. simple as that.

rdl

kids my age actually like the prequel trilogy. it's depressing.

ME##

Quote from: Hitoshi-san on November 22, 2010, 02:19:32 PM
the newest version messed up the ending by adding Jar Jar in the celebration sequence :'(

or at least some gungan that sounds like him

Would that be in the DVD edition that came out in 2004?  We have that laying around and I've been meaning to sit down and watch them.  myface;

Samus Aran

Quote from: XLR on November 22, 2010, 02:20:21 PM
kids my age actually like the prequel trilogy. it's depressing.

as movies, they're not necessarily that bad, but in the context of Star Wars, they're bad, so yeah it is depressing.

i did very much enjoy the climactic battles in Revenge of the Sith, though

Quote from: Mercowskey, Liza on November 22, 2010, 02:21:36 PM
Would that be in the DVD edition that came out in 2004?  We have that laying around and I've been meaning to sit down and watch them.  myface;

yes

ikanaide

What IS 'Star-Wars'?
I have the idea but I do not know exactly what it is.
confuseddood;

musica.cards

Quote from: Hitoshi-san on November 22, 2010, 02:20:02 PM
no prequels. none. no. never. no prequel trilogy. fuck them. original trilogy only, so yes, first hope, then empire, then jedi. simple as that.

So you wouldn't say that there's any storytelling value in watching the prequel series? That's what I'm concerned about.
[move]gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby baby gee gee gee baby [/move]

Samus Aran

Quote from: you  on November 22, 2010, 02:23:23 PM
So you wouldn't say that there's any storytelling value in watching the prequel series? That's what I'm concerned about.

the original trilogy worked ~30 years ago as a cohesive story, so why wouldn't it now? just because Anakin had a history doesn't necessarily justify it being on film. the prequels weren't really that necessary to make.

yes, it's nice to have some of the backstory fleshed out, but all in all, they weren't needed. the original trilogy works perfectly on its own in telling a great story that starts and ends just fine.

Hippopo

There are a lot of good movies to choose from.

When do you guys actually watch this?

ME##

Quote from: Potty Moss on November 22, 2010, 02:26:40 PM
There are a lot of good movies to choose from.

When do you guys actually watch this?

Typically on Friday night.  Around nine your time.

rdl

Quote from: Hitoshi-san on November 22, 2010, 02:22:07 PM
as movies, they're not necessarily that bad, but in the context of Star Wars, they're bad, so yeah it is depressing.

i did very much enjoy the climactic battles in Revenge of the Sith, though
oh no

phantom menace is a godawful movie in general. the final fight scene was pretty ok, but some of the camera angles (including the one when qui gon gets stabbed) were just downright bad. none of the characters were interesting, and baby anakin was annoying as fuck.

BUT THEN clones wars comes about. i don't really remember it, but teen anakin makes his baby version look like a saint.

revenge of the sith had awesome fight scenes, yeah. but the script, i dont need to get into that.

i'd say clone wars was the only good one, even though i hate it.

burzumfan420

Quote from: iCandy on November 22, 2010, 02:23:16 PM
What IS 'Star-Wars'?
I have the idea but I do not know exactly what it is.
confuseddood;

oh my god

Go Up