April 18, 2024, 06:28:21 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you want to complete college

Started by snoorkel, October 21, 2010, 11:32:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Or do you otherwise think you'll finish 4+ years

yes
21 (67.7%)
no
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Go Down

famy

Quote from: Mercowskey, Liza on November 18, 2010, 01:28:22 PM
the marines would murder him.  he'd probably be best as a member of the coast guard.
the coast guard would murder him. he'd probably be best as a cast member of jersey shore.

burzumfan420

i play bbal with all the members of jeresy shore

Travis

Quote from: Not Famy on November 18, 2010, 01:40:34 PM
the coast guard would murder him. he'd probably be best as a cast member of jersey shore.
not even close

just1more

Quote from: XLR on November 18, 2010, 04:23:55 PM
should be fun. have fun shootin up some dumb nigga s

Well, if I did join, I wouldn't be infantry. I'd choose logistics or intelligence since those fields would be good stepping stones towards my career choice in marketing.

applesauce

Yes, I definitely plan on finishing. I think I would like to go through and get my license too, but I don't know. Since coming here I've realized I have a lot more interest in development than in practicing architecture itself.

I would really rather not work for a large corporation/firm and would much prefer to do things on my own, and I agree that I don't learn that much in school, but I enjoy it here and I feel it is in large part necessary to have the life that I want. It's nice to only be concerned with getting my degree as fast as possible and getting out rather than with getting a high GPA to get into grad school or a job with a big firm. I'm already almost a year ahead, and I plan on making sure I get out in 4 rather than 5 (B. Arch is a 5-year degree).

I really enjoyed working in property management this summer, and I've talked to my parents about continuing on in it. I think they really like the idea. I had been thinking about a City & Regional Planning or Urban Studies minor, but I think I might go with business or construction management instead. I like to dream big dreams, but I'd prefer to get realistic things done in a timely manner to writing up policies and long-term shit that never gets done. That's also a big part of why I think I would probably be happier in small-scale development than practicing with a design firm.

Regardless, I'm here now, I enjoy it, none of my classes really transfer to any other majors, and it doesn't prevent me from pursuing what I think I want (but am not entirely sure of), so...

Hippopo

I don't want to finish anymore, no.  I've lost all motivation to continue my studies, and the only reason I want to graduate is so I can stop.

Dropping out is not an option since I'm so far into my schooling it'd be kind of ridiculous not to get my degree first.

Thyme

Quote from: Potty Moss on December 07, 2010, 09:53:31 PM
I don't want to finish anymore, no.  I've lost all motivation to continue my studies, and the only reason I want to graduate is so I can stop.

Dropping out is not an option since I'm so far into my schooling it'd be kind of ridiculous not to get my degree first.

That's pretty much how I was feeling about Arts & Lettres. 5thgrade;

well actually i wasn't as unmotivated as you were since my classes were fun but at a certain point i knew i wasn't going to continue in that branch but i was too far when i came to that conclusion so i finished that and then i started something else

Hippopo

Quote from: Thyme on December 08, 2010, 11:24:19 AM
That's pretty much how I was feeling about Arts & Lettres. 5thgrade;

well actually i wasn't as unmotivated as you were since my classes were fun but at a certain point i knew i wasn't going to continue in that branch but i was too far when i came to that conclusion so i finished that and then i started something else
That's most likely what I'm going to do.

myface;

Daddy

Quote from: Potty Moss on December 07, 2010, 09:53:31 PM

THAT IS WHAT YOU GET FOR PICKING SOME STUPID SHIT LIKE PHILOSPHY FAGGOT

Hippopo

Quote from: Khadafi on December 12, 2010, 10:44:46 AM
THAT IS WHAT YOU GET FOR PICKING SOME STUPID SHIT LIKE PHILOSPHY FAGGOT
saddood;

??????

Quote from: Potty Moss on December 12, 2010, 12:07:58 PM
saddood;
he is just being a honey badger
he hates anything that doesn't progress scientific discoveries  giggle;

YPrrrr

Which is why I picked political science, for the best of both worlds n_u

[spoiler]Yes that is a joke girl;[/spoiler]

burzumfan420

if it wasnt for philosophy we wouldn't have radio

Hippopo

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on December 12, 2010, 12:58:29 PM
he is just being a honey badger
he hates anything that doesn't progress scientific discoveries  giggle;

I SEEK JMV'S APPROVAL, and he never gives it to me.  cry;

??????

Quote from: Potty Moss on December 12, 2010, 01:59:06 PM
I SEEK JMV'S APPROVAL, and he never gives it to me.  cry;
don't talk of post-modernistic thoughts, feelings are irrelevant, remember prose and styles are useless, believe everyone who isn't a liberal is an idiot, and stray away from politics while mindlessly believing in anything he says politically-wise and maybe then he'd like you  bassir;

Go Up