April 23, 2024, 05:48:25 PM

1,531,645 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Do you want to complete college

Started by snoorkel, October 21, 2010, 11:32:08 PM

previous topic - next topic

Or do you otherwise think you'll finish 4+ years

yes
21 (67.7%)
no
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Zach on October 25, 2010, 07:35:52 AM

edit: oh, and socks once again has to take it to a whole other level with over-intellectualizing everything

I wouldn't say he was over-intellectualizing. It was just eloquently stated, that's all.

But he's very right in a lot of ways. There isn't enough emphasis on learning I dont think, in enough classes. It often feels more like I'm jumping through hoops and buying credits, especially this last semester. I don't think a piece of fucking paper is any indicator at all as to what my experience entails.

Hiro

I don't know who wouldn't want to complete college, I think the question is really if you think you will.

I'm pretty sure I will, although it might require a change of majors, but hopefully not.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Admin on October 27, 2010, 06:28:02 PM
I don't know who wouldn't want to complete college, I think the question is really if you think you will.

Yeah, but college isn't for everyone even though there's so much pressure to attend and social stigma if you don't.
It's dumb for someone to attend when they dont really want to. They only end up more disconcerted about themselves and have a nice hefty tuition bill to boot.

Aracde

wawi

Yes because what I intend to get into requires it.

Nyerp

the shortest route to the sea

I do get a lot out of the academic structure, and a major to me is just an excuse to learn a whole lotta stuff about one specific thing. To have that opportunity and the resources of a major learning institution, the lessons and guidances of those who have walked before, I find that exciting. So I'd like to graduate. But I have a whole lot of learning that needs to happen outside of the classroom. The extracurricular, highly social environment of college helps with that, but maybe I'll need something new one day. I do hope I can push my lifestyle to be more DIY in the process.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

me003

Well...I'm here on boyah instead of doing my hw.  n_u
Quote from: reefer on November 29, 2007, 11:32:08 PM
No offense to her but she kinda doesn't know crap about shit

hobbit

in all honesty i don't want to even go to college although i am going this spring semester.

?????

Quote from: hobbit on November 02, 2010, 06:21:17 PM
in all honesty i don't want to even go to college although i am going this spring semester.

Why are you going if you don't want to go?
Die for Dethklok

??????

YPrrrr

Travis

YPrrrr

Travis

Quote from: YPR on November 05, 2010, 10:58:34 AM
Not everyone can go to college
a majority of people do. if someone chooses not to, socially they're branded as an idiot

Go Up