June 05, 2024, 01:15:52 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Jailbreaking just got easier.

Started by JSLink, August 01, 2010, 07:17:34 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

?????

I heard about that too.

I also heard that mac stores banned that site to keep people from jailbreaking the ones in their stores.
Die for Dethklok

Sync

Tried it a few days a go.
It worked nicely.
Now I have a not so boring springboard.

teprngr

I believe that it is all Macââ,¬â,,¢s fault to have all these happening. We donââ,¬â,,¢t see people jail breaking other devices, like say a HP laptop or a HTC or any other driod phones. This is because that they are limiting what the phone actually can do, and that is a bad thing because as a consumer we are actually getting less and less value for what we are paying. The chips existed in the phone but we canââ,¬â,,¢t use it.

Daddy

Quote from: teprngr on August 30, 2010, 09:30:55 PM
I believe that it is all Macââ,¬â,,¢s fault to have all these happening. We donââ,¬â,,¢t see people jail breaking other devices,
wut

Quotelike say a HP laptop

uh you don't need to jailbreak a mac either
Quoteor a HTC or any other driod phones.

http://www.blogsdna.com/8946/how-to-root-your-motorola-droid-running-2-1.htm

wut

QuoteThis is because that they are limiting what the phone actually can do, and that is a bad thing because as a consumer we are actually getting less and less value for what we are paying. The chips existed in the phone but we canââ,¬â,,¢t use it.
so like several of the android phones

?????

Quote from: teprngr on August 30, 2010, 09:30:55 PM
I believe that it is all Macââ,¬â,,¢s fault to have all these happening. We donââ,¬â,,¢t see people jail breaking other devices, like say a ... HTC or any other driod phones.

Well people with Android phones can "root" their phone. Which I think is basically installing su or sudo so you have all privileges. I guess you could say Android is more customizable than iOS phones though. And I don't think Google pushes updates in order to break roots. So that could be another good point.
Die for Dethklok

Go Up