April 20, 2024, 12:29:43 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

questions about Android

Started by snorkel, July 26, 2010, 12:57:05 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

snorkel

I need opinions about how iOS and Android compare, in terms of usability. I definitely feel Android is a better OS, but having my iPhone sync with iTunes, Mail, and Contacts (primarily, Notes is nice too) is ultimately convenient. I also have grown to like iPhone's ipod GUI intensely, and form factor.

Since I have XXXgb of music and can't fit it all on 16-32gb, I rely on Smart Playlists to automtically update my iPhone's selection. I really don't want to do it manually, because it would be a severe chore to pick through all the music I get every week (I have a plsylist that automatically fills 15gb based on recently added/recently played/rating.

Some questions:

- If anyone knows, how much smaller is Android's memory footprint on the phone's RAM (I'm sure it's less than iOS)
- Is it possible to download files/attachments, organize them in folders, and edit them from the phone's memory, either with an app or by default?
- how good is the internet browsing and music player
- Hoe often have you experienced Android lagging /or having an app crash, or general issues (specify phone model as well)
- Do they work with 64gb SD cards even though they say expandable storage up to 32gb? This would make me switch instantly

teprngr

I would have to say that the iOS is no match for the Android. I am not sure about how small the androidââ,¬â,,¢s memory footprint is, but if you are using them, you can of course download files, and organize them the way you want. And compared to iOS, you can only transfer files using iTunes, which there is no need of that extra software using an android phone. People have tested it out and it seems like android is faster when it comes to browsing.

Go Up