May 11, 2024, 09:53:52 AM

1,531,624 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

My PC I'm Planning on Building

Started by Indigo, July 23, 2010, 02:41:00 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Indigo

Quote from: wziard on July 26, 2010, 12:24:10 AM
they can, on the other hand I have a metal-plastic-metal thick fuckin case with 2 average fans, and it cools my modestly OC'd i7 and nVidia GTS 250 without problem.

I'd go with Corsair's liquid cooling setup (it's only $50-60), that way it's sensually silent, minimal maintenance, and you can OC at will.

you need a power supply, Corsair 500w would be my recommendation. DO NOT BUY A GENERIC OR CHEAP PSU.

see us minneapolis kids know what's up

could I run it solely off the liquid system and default fan and heatsink very well at around 3.7GHz? Also I don't think my psu is generic or cheap...is it?

snorkel

Quote from: Indigo on July 26, 2010, 12:26:47 AM
could I run it solely off the liquid system and default fan and heatsink very well at around 3.7GHz? Also I don't think my psu is generic or cheap...is it?

I didn't see your PSU choice, that will be fine.

I think the basic kit only comes with a thing for your CPU, to have a full fanless system you'd need it connected to the GPU and motherboard too. I haven't experimented with it myself but I think at least 1 small fan would still be a good idea. If you have efficient liquid cooling on the CPU and it's working, 3.7ghz should be painless.

Indigo

Quote from: wziard on July 26, 2010, 12:36:53 AM

I think the basic kit only comes with a thing for your CPU, to have a full fanless system you'd need it connected to the GPU and motherboard too. I haven't experimented with it myself but I think at least 1 small fan would still be a good idea. If you have efficient liquid cooling on the CPU and it's working, 3.7ghz should be painless.
case has 3 120mm fans, and a 140mm fan
CPU has a fan and a heatsink

If I decide on liquid cooling I might try 4.0GHz then.

snorkel

Quote from: Indigo on July 26, 2010, 12:55:29 AM
case has 3 120mm fans, and a 140mm fan
CPU has a fan and a heatsink

If I decide on liquid cooling I might try 4.0GHz then.

If you were really serious you could get RAM with heatsinks (the cool Corsair Dominators with heatsinks, corsair again) and OC that a good 30% or more too

Indigo

Quote from: wziard on July 26, 2010, 01:20:49 AM
If you were really serious you could get RAM with heatsinks (the cool Corsair Dominators with heatsinks, corsair again) and OC that a good 30% or more too
Too much money for my blood, I might upgrade to it later when my computer becomes outdated though.

LCK

July 26, 2010, 07:33:12 AM #20 Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 07:41:34 AM by Trevor
Quote from: wziard on July 26, 2010, 12:24:10 AM
they can, on the other hand I have a metal-plastic-metal thick fuckin case with 2 average fans, and it cools my modestly OC'd i7 and nVidia GTS 250 without problem.

I'd go with Corsair's liquid cooling setup (it's only $50-60), that way it's sensually silent, minimal maintenance, and you can OC at will.

you need a power supply, Corsair 500w would be my recommendation. DO NOT BUY A GENERIC OR CHEAP PSU.

see us minneapolis kids know what's up

you guys are missing the most important part

Quote from: Trevor on July 24, 2010, 11:50:09 AM
plus they don't look cool, and that's what really matters.

also anyone here wanna buy a corsair tx750 for $80 cjlubdoods;

applesauce

Quote from: wziard on July 26, 2010, 12:36:53 AM

It's not expandable, and does rely on a fan to pull air through the radiator.

The big advantage of Corsair's system is that it comes in essentially one piece, so there's no worry about leaks, ect. It's also very compact and efficient.

The best cooling system I've ever seen in person was this case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103011&cm_re=xclio-_-11-103-011-_-Product with the Corsair liquid cooling system and two additional 120mm fans.

Indigo

Quote from: applesauce on July 26, 2010, 06:12:05 PM
It's not expandable, and does rely on a fan to pull air through the radiator.

The big advantage of Corsair's system is that it comes in essentially one piece, so there's no worry about leaks, ect. It's also very compact and efficient.

The best cooling system I've ever seen in person was this case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811103011&cm_re=xclio-_-11-103-011-_-Product with the Corsair liquid cooling system and two additional 120mm fans.
...70 bucks? Should I get this instead?  giggle;

dammit, it's over in 4 days, I don't think I can get the money that fast.  oh well

Nate

That HAWK 5770 is awesome, I have one, and it stays at 105F in my case all the time.

Go Up