April 16, 2024, 07:32:18 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

U.S.S. Liberty

Started by Socks, June 03, 2010, 11:41:07 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

June 03, 2010, 11:41:07 PM Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 03:06:59 AM by Socks
In light of recent unlawful, violent, and fatal, Israeli state-directed maritime attacks upon unarmed civilian ships operating in international waters, I though it only appropriate to mention the U.S.S. Liberty. Soon it will be the 43 year anniversary of this intentional and infamous act of barbarism. It remains one of the most tragic, incredible, and unbelievable hostile acts ever suffered by America, and yet remains largely unknown, unimportant, and virtually unresolved.

Maybe it was the essence of my youth, coupled with my then extreme enthusiasm for the armed forces, but I have always treated this matter with perhaps unwarranted personal conviction ever since I learned of it. What was shocking and later sobering and difficult to accept is not the committed act, as much as the shameful manner in which our so called elected representatives responded to this brutality. Affirming once and for all several things in my mind, and in the minds of many others.

I bring this event to attention so that hopefully awareness of past atrocities and history will help prevent a similar catastrophe from occurring in the future. Unpunished actions and negated consequences only promote more of the same. As evidence I offer the 43 years of Israeli state policy since that day.

to the brave men who fought and died for my present day on a distant and forgotten one.

rdl

you should probably explain what happened to the liberty

Daddy

Quote from: FDR on June 04, 2010, 12:56:59 AM
you should probably explain what happened to the liberty
The Israeli airforce attacked a US Navy ship

Go Up