March 28, 2024, 02:27:35 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What are you doing with your life

Started by strongbad, May 23, 2010, 01:59:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Socks

the shortest route to the sea

In 5 years I will be 23.
* Hopefully I will have finished Oberlin college by then, though I'm fine with not graduating in four years. My current plan is a Math/Music double major, but that math could turn into Physics or Compsci hopefully. It's ambitious, but I think I can handle it.
* Hopefully I will have spent free time recording music and posting albums/songs on a website, just gaining experience and always, always playing.
* I plan to be married. There is a religious conference on Star Island that my girlfriend and I go to every year, and she wants to propose to me there. The maximum age is 22, and since she's a year older than me, she'd propose at latest when I'm 21, 3 years from now. We will have been together for a little less than 5 years, and by 23, engaged/married for 2 years.
* My medical transition will be pretty far along. Hopefully I'll have been on hormones for 3-4 years, meaning that most major changes are midway through (breasts take the longest). Surgery may or may not have happened, I'm playing that one by ear.

Work, whether it be day job or music performance, is all up in the air, and I want it to stay that way. These are my only 4 goals for the next five years: finish college in music/computational thing, have done a lot of recording I'm proud of, get married, get far along in transition.

Quote from: FDR on May 24, 2010, 11:36:46 PM
5 years from now i'll be 22. if things go well i'll have a shit damn wikipedia page and i guess i'll be dead, i dunno. hopefully i'll have saved a couple of lives in the process, that would be a nice bonus.

Can you explain this to me again? Especially how you plan to get past the threshold of notability. Dearie, though, if it happened, I'd write it for you.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

rdl

oh i just want to make a name for myself. i'd like to be immortalized through a textbook or something like that, but that won't happen so i've settled for a wikipedia page

??????

Quote from: FDR on May 30, 2010, 10:07:25 PM
oh i just want to make a name for myself. i'd like to be immortalized through a textbook or something like that, but that won't happen so i've settled for a wikipedia page
i'll become a serial killer and hold you hostage and kill you then myself

WE WOULD GO DOWN HISTORY

BlackDS

2 more years if high school

Then I am going to africa to recruit natives for my new army. We are going to take over the world, and make the place a little better for the strong, beautiful, smart, and richall

[move]philip;[/move]

Travis

Quote from: BlackDS on June 06, 2010, 05:59:43 PM
2 more years if high school

Then I am going to africa to recruit natives for my new army. We are going to take over the world, and make the place a little better for the strong, beautiful, smart, and richall
you posts remind me of a 12 year old kid with add

Hippopo

I really don't know...  Shoooot.

Perhaps I'll work in a lab somewhere.  Who knows?

ME##

Quote from: Potty Mus on June 06, 2010, 08:28:13 PM

What type of lab?  O_0

BlackDS

[move]philip;[/move]

Hippopo

metalfaceape

in school right now, final year of liberal arts associates begins in September, then transferring schools, 2 more years, Economics or Accounting or Finance major, and moving to Tokyo. at least that's the game plan.

Daddy

Quote from: Hippopo on June 06, 2010, 08:28:13 PM

THE ARMY IS NOT A LAB

ME##

Quote from: Khadafi on March 23, 2016, 11:30:45 AM
Quote from: Hippopo on June 06, 2010, 08:28:13 PM

THE ARMY IS NOT A LAB
he's in the air force :|

strongbad

Quote from: antmaster5000 on May 23, 2010, 01:59:19 PM
Okay, what are you trying to do with the next 5 years of your life?
For the next 4, college shit, and if I end up pursuing business like I am planning on, hopefully I'll have a lot of experience from internships by the time I graduate, and in a perfect world, I'll be able to hop on the marketing team at a videogame studio in Seattle.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Socks

working with my best friend toward becoming loan masters, businessmen and hopefully financial moguls.

Go Up