March 28, 2024, 06:05:27 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

What are you doing with your life

Started by strongbad, May 23, 2010, 01:59:19 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

Okay, what are you trying to do with the next 5 years of your life?
For the next 4, college shit, and if I end up pursuing business like I am planning on, hopefully I'll have a lot of experience from internships by the time I graduate, and in a perfect world, I'll be able to hop on the marketing team at a videogame studio in Seattle.

Selkie

I'm majoring in Bio right now. I am going to be working at a regional medical center near me over this summer and hopefully work myself up to work involving direct patient contact over the next 3 summers. Hopefully I will get at least a 3.5 undergrad GPA (though I'm shooting for a 3.8) and get lots of health care experience. Then some time after graduation I'm going to apply to PA school. I want to be a PA working  in either pediatrics, or neonatology in a hospital.

Andria

I will hopefully be graduating from a 4 year university in the next 5 years with a degree in biology. I will get some internships preferably in zoos so that I can get job experience and have an easier time finding work. By this point I am hope to be living on my own or with a roommate in an apartment.

Samus Aran

First, graduating from BSU with a BFA in Creative/Professional Writing. Then, moving to Texas, starting my life with Henny, and from there I'm not sure of what order things will fall in, but here's the idea: get a job, whatever works at first to at least pay the bills but ideally something in publishing or something, and in the meantime, decide where to go for a possible master's program in writing at another school, and in addition, perhaps do a little more schooling to get a teacher's license

and of course, during all that, be writing and sending things off and hopefully making some extra money that way

ME##

Thyme

ME##

Quote from: Thyme on May 23, 2010, 05:40:27 PM

I was expecting the reply to that post to have something that relates to Kaz in it. girl;

But I was more of waiting for one of his, 'Gee, I didn't expect that from you.' comments.  n_u

YPrrrr

I have no ideas what I want from life at the moment so my only real goals involve not being seen as a failure by my parents girl;

Lex Luthor

Why am i still here?

strongbad

Quote from: YPR on May 23, 2010, 08:41:30 PM
I have no ideas what I want from life at the moment so my only real goals involve not being seen as a failure by my parents girl;

I think this underlies everything that just about every does.

Zach

I really don't know, and it's been bugging the piss out of me lately. Right now I don't really have a direction in my life; I just lay around and watch TV, play video games, and post on Internet forums. I don't feel like I'm accomplishing anything. I'm going back to school in the fall but any progress there seems so far off that it doesn't do anything to comfort me.

Samus Aran

Quote from: FDR on May 24, 2010, 11:36:46 PM
what if something happened and you and hensa broke up? you seem very dependent upon her, seems like a problem to me.

if that were to happen, then i'd do everything else i posted, but probably do it in california instead

however, it's pretty doubtful at this point that we'd ever break up, considering we've been together almost 5 years and have plans to marry

??????

Perfectionism and self-destructiveness will be the end of me in the next 3 years.  bassir;

Anyways, perhaps over the summer I may re-locate myself (Though, such decision requires special planning--will I be able to continue my education in my terrible community college, or can I just transfer myself out after the first semester and go to another school that's in my new area? How and who would I go to, to speak of transferring credits from my eclep scores? If I get that straighten out, then I will definitely move out from here.)

If I keep my decision, then I will cut off all of my friends that I've ever made (Except, for two. They're too much of a rarity to give up) and restart my life without any support, as my parents are leaving out of the country and I will not have anyone to rely on for support.  :3 My grandparents from both sides are leaving with them, so I will not have any family (This is incredibly dangerous, I start off with nothing nor would I have a place to fall back on, but I'm confident that my teacher who has taken me into their home will provide that--unless they succumb to terminal illness. If that happens, then I'm done for, unless perhaps, I go to my alternatives that don't seem that bad, but they sure will give me a bad image if I spoke of it.)

For schooling, I'm planning to major something in ethics or biology/medicine. None of them seem like a job I might pursue in, but they're incredibly interesting. I have no plans for a job, I refuse to partake in a career where I'm not allowed to fully "express" myself through my work. Some jobs I may like should include some form of healing occurring for individual, or for groups of people--healing done through the mind/spirit, or through physiological means (Although, I plan to combine both the mind and body to make this process easier)

The shitty thing is that I also want to pursue a career in animation, cinematography and design. I'm not sure how to pursue such different desires in education. Artistic classes are usually done in schools of Art, and I certainly won't find a class of bioethics or microbiology in an Art School.  akudood;

Suicide is also an alternative path.  bassir;

Socks

Quote from: Analysis Paralysis on May 29, 2010, 05:53:00 PM

Suicide is also an alternative path.  bassir;

Oh I don't think so. Also, you wont really be 'alone'. ;)

??????

Quote from: Socks on May 29, 2010, 08:05:40 PM
Oh I don't think so. Also, you wont really be 'alone'. ;)
Are you going to euthanize me?  cjlubdoods;
Use the nitrogen bags, they work best!

Go Up