April 18, 2024, 12:52:40 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

"Snakes and Arrows"

Started by demonprince, June 02, 2007, 10:55:01 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

demonprince

New Rush album, GO GET IT NAO FAGS  argh;

Houdini

Best Rush album in 10 years. Seriously. I have tickets to their show in San Antonio, and it is going to be fucking awesome.

Samus Aran

I'm getting it as soon as I can, which will probably be on vacation this year. So...very soon. Gotta love Rush.

SBKT

I've never heard of this. I'll go check it out immediately with uTorrent, then. v;

reeper

Very awesome stuff, Rush is one of my favorite bands. They've gotten back to their progressive roots, nothing amazing but the songs are more then dandy to listen to. No YYZ nor Tom Sawyer though.

Houdini

Quote from: Reaper on June 04, 2007, 08:11:30 PM
Very awesome stuff, Rush is one of my favorite bands. They've gotten back to their progressive roots, nothing amazing but the songs are more then dandy to listen to. No YYZ nor Tom Sawyer though.
One of the things I like about Rush is that they continuously change over time. If they spent their whole career writing Tom Sawyer and YYZ over again, it would get old really fast and they'd be old, washed-up dinosaurs by now.

reeper

Quote from: Houdini on June 04, 2007, 08:35:31 PM
Quote from: Reaper on June 04, 2007, 08:11:30 PM
One of the things I like about Rush is that they continuously change over time. If they spent their whole career writing Tom Sawyer and YYZ over again, it would get old really fast and they'd be old, washed-up dinosaurs by now.
They went from a progressive band, to a normal band, to a progressive band.

Not all of their work is a master piece of they have a lot of great work. I agree but I was just giving a comparison of their new work to those two songs.

Selkie

olol I'm seeing them in July  navi; !

reeper

Quote from: Ripster on June 20, 2007, 12:48:13 PM
olol I'm seeing them in July  navi; !
Fuck yourself and die you ass

iamhollywood

June 20, 2007, 04:15:15 PM #9 Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 04:17:53 PM by iamhollywood
Quote from: SBKT on June 02, 2007, 02:58:51 PM
I've never heard of this. I'll go check it out immediately with uTorrent, then. v;

Why don't you NOT be a faggot, and go out and buy the cd. Or at least just say "hey I'm going to rape this band and pretend I'm a fan. Hold on, I'll go steal their music".  Seriously, we are talking about RUSH. One of the best bands rock bands ever. Show some decency and just buy their cds not steal them.

Back on topic, I have not yet picked the album up. I'm sure I'll get it later this week as well as a few other cds I've been meaning to buy.

Samus Aran

I got it, along with five other CDs, on Monday. Good stuff. It seems quite a bit heavier than older Rush material, and Lee's voice seems deeper these days. I guess a voice change is to be expected after all these years, though.

Go Up