Them Crooked Vultures - supergroup of the ever ALBUM IS ON YOUTUBE AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Started by Mando Pandango, September 09, 2009, 10:32:31 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on November 10, 2009, 01:58:43 PM
Maybe I should start listening to cream since that's my favorite on the album.

Favorite is Reptiles, for the record.
wut goonish

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Hiro

Quote from: Man of Popsicle on November 10, 2009, 02:18:25 PM
What
You said Scumbag Blues was your favorite, and immediately after that, you say Reptiles is your favorite.

Okay so I listened to a couple of songs, and I didn't find it particularly exciting, but the guitar work was excellent and it was well-done overall. Not really my thing though, nothing caught my attention a whole lot.

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Hïro on November 10, 2009, 02:27:02 PM
You said Scumbag Blues was your favorite, and immediately after that, you say Reptiles is your favorite.

Okay so I listened to a couple of songs, and I didn't find it particularly exciting, but the guitar work was excellent and it was well-done overall. Not really my thing though, nothing caught my attention a whole lot.
I said Scumbag Blues is "fucking amazing." And it is.

EDIT: meant to and thought I said second favorite in that post. ops
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Sa Da MA

My only complaint is the singing, don't get me wrong I love the dude in QotSA and how he sings in that band but here he just doesn't fit Imo.   

Btw Yes I can hear the Led Zep & Nirvana in some of the songs

Josh

Samus Aran

i would like the band more if it had a bit more "dirt" so to speak

it's almost too polished at times for this pseudo-blues (mixed with QotSA) stuff

but i still like them, i'm considering picking up this album

Minus;

Mando Pandango

Minus;

Hiro

Quote from: Lain on November 15, 2009, 06:49:32 AM
i would like the band more if it had a bit more "dirt" so to speak

it's almost too polished at times for this pseudo-blues (mixed with QotSA) stuff

but i still like them, i'm considering picking up this album
I feel like if they replaced the Queens of the Stone Age guy with Jack White, the band would be 32x better  baddood;

Houdini

I saw these guys live a month or two ago and they fucking killed. Dave Grohl is one of my favorite drummers ever and seeing him pound the shit out of his kit for an hour was pretty glorious.

It also helps that their songs are legitimately good. The album is better than the last two Queens of the Stone Age albums.

Go Up