October 01, 2024, 02:32:29 AM

1,531,325 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

I hit my brain on a cosmic tree branch.

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, November 23, 2009, 01:20:14 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I do my best thinking when I'm doing mundane shit.
I.E. Work.
I.E. driving
I.E Walking in the woods somewhere

I'll have a fantastic, fluid idea worked out in my head as I'm trucking away at work and by the time I've driven home to my apartment I'll have lost it.

It's like there's a narrator in my psyche that's burping out these really solid verses and I have no means to translate them to paper.

Occasionally when I have a mental flash I'll write something down on my hand or whatever's available to trigger it again later, but it doesn't work out as well as I'd hope.

Isn't it frustrating?
Isn't it?
Isn't?

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Socks

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 23, 2009, 01:20:14 PM
I do my best thinking when I'm doing mundane shit.
I.E. Work.
I.E. driving
I.E Walking in the woods somewhere

I'll have a fantastic, fluid idea worked out in my head as I'm trucking away at work and by the time I've driven home to my apartment I'll have lost it.

It's like there's a narrator in my psyche that's burping out these really solid verses and I have no means to translate them to paper.

Occasionally when I have a mental flash I'll write something down on my hand or whatever's available to trigger it again later, but it doesn't work out as well as I'd hope.

Isn't it frustrating?
Isn't it?
Isn't?

sooooooooooooooooo fucking frustrating. you can't even mimic the intensity and feeling you had when the original moment of greatness came on  :(

Sillbury

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Socks on November 23, 2009, 01:23:24 PM
sooooooooooooooooo fucking frustrating. you can't even mimic the intensity and feeling you had when the original moment of greatness came on  :(

I need to invent some kind of mental translation device that's constantly streaming information to a computer somewhere.

Socks

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 23, 2009, 01:26:27 PM
I need to invent some kind of mental translation device that's constantly streaming information to a computer somewhere.

i would finish all my school assignments and still have time left to tackle timeless dilemmas, all during an 8 hour work day

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Socks on November 23, 2009, 01:28:57 PM
i would finish all my school assignments and still have time left to tackle timeless dilemmas, all during an 8 hour work day

I dont think I'd buy it though.

I'd need to hire a secretary to sort through all the bullshit.

Socks

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 23, 2009, 01:31:53 PM
I'd need to hire a secretary to sort through all the bullshit.

and to occasionally bang when one tires of the theoretical  giggle;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Socks on November 23, 2009, 01:33:04 PM
and to occasionally bang when one tires of the theoretical  giggle;

Then again, she'd have access to hard data concerning the very depths of my head.
That could get ugly.
Blackmail.

Socks

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 23, 2009, 01:34:25 PM
Then again, she'd have access to hard data concerning the very depths of my head.
That could get ugly.
Blackmail.

not if you kill her

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Socks

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on November 23, 2009, 02:06:57 PM
That only complicates things further.

by this time everyone will be in love with your technology, they wont know (believe) you modified it to lie for you. while you think about drowning puppies, it transcribes blue flowers and orange sunsets  wariodood;

snorkel

voice recorder app is marvelous, I'm also prone to having vast amounts of small notes all over my desk

Samus Aran

Luckily, I don't really have that problem most of the time...but I do with novel ideas. I don't know what it is about the novel medium that is so difficult for me. Like, I have no problem at all writing a quick poem down in my notebook right when I think it, and no real problem expanding/revising it later, either. Short stories also come out pretty naturally for me. And really, I mean any part of a novel - I usually can't even start one, let alone churn out a decent chapter, let alone a whole book.

Oh, and yeah, I carry a notebook around in some way just about everywhere that's on-campus, and always have it with me when I'm driving as well. So for a great portion of my life these days, I have a quick way to write something down.

Interesting how writing is getting brought up so much these days on Boyah. Obligatory "I wanna be a writer" plug.

Go Up