April 19, 2024, 05:56:20 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Transgender anti-discrimination laws

Started by bluaki, November 20, 2009, 07:24:52 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

bluaki

November 20, 2009, 07:24:52 AM Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 07:50:44 AM by bluaki
Apparently, just recently, my city (Tampa, FL) passed this.
I just happened to see this article on front page of "The Tampa Tribune" newspaper when at school today: http://www2.tbo.com/content/2009/nov/20/na-tampa-council-approves-transgender-protections/

Gotta love all the quotes in this article.
QuoteTerry Kemple, president of the Community Issues Council, said he thought the protections would allow "sexual predators" to go into restrooms for the opposite sex, and force business owners and landlords, regardless of their religious beliefs, to accept cross-dressers.

QuoteMembers of several Christian evangelical groups and other opponents called the move an assault on their religious values they fear will sanction sexually deviant behavior.

Quote"I've asked myself, again and again, 'what would Jesus do if he were here,'" Scott said.

Quote"The only vote I'm concerned about is God's vote," he told the packed room.

I doubt this will noticeably affect stuff for me. Laws can't really change general acceptance.

Andria

Sadly it probably won't make a noticeable difference for a long time. At least its a step in the right direction though.

Samus Aran

The answer to the Jesus one is that he'd treat them with kindness. Do Christians like that even read the damn Bible?

Anyway, it's pretty annoying that laws like this even need to be proposed in the first place, but regardless it's nice to see a city standing up for people.

Daddy

Classic

the shortest route to the sea

Good to hear. Even if there are huge flops like maine and california, it's local steps like these which will really create acceptance and a safe social environment...

...and encourage people to read the bible!

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Title

Alright! Sexually confused gay men can now be sexually confused in public and make people around them feel uncomfortable and unsafe! Fuck yeah Tampa!

Daddy

Quote from: Title on November 21, 2009, 04:14:57 AM
Alright! Sexually confused gay men can now be sexually confused in public and make people around them feel uncomfortable and unsafe! Fuck yeah Tampa!
You're trolling right?

Because other people are bigots we should discriminate against others! Don't pass your "lol i'm a libertarian" bullshit around when it's clear you're a bigot who just hates "lol liberals" and supports nothing of libertarianism itself.

sans culottes

don't lie, bro, if a chick took you home and whipped out a dick, you'd still hit it
I support BUSH

Selkie

Hey lets oppress entire groups of people because one day we may see one of them on the street acting free and feel uncomfortable for .2 seconds.

Hippopo

Quote from: Selkie on November 25, 2009, 06:02:58 AM
Hey lets oppress entire groups of people because one day we may see one of them on the street acting free and feel uncomfortable for .2 seconds.
Think about the children!  THE CHILDREN!!!

Kidding of course.  I think this is a step in the right direction.

hotlikesauce.

I don't want a man in girl clothes breathing my air  madood;

?????

This is horrible news. Those Tampa fucks have to die. I'll tell you what Jesus would do, he'd kill the fuckers. Lol wwjd

by the way did you guys hear about that person that said they'd rather have orphans die than to be adopted by homosexual couples, that's disturbing

everyone knows the only way to discriminate correctly is by skin color
Die for Dethklok

Go Up