March 28, 2024, 01:23:32 AM

1,531,609 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Is being gay a choice or a genetic trait?

Started by hotlikesauce., November 15, 2009, 09:06:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Is being Gay a choice or a genetic trait/defect?

A Choice
3 (14.3%)
Genetic Trait/Defect
6 (28.6%)
Enviromental Factor
12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Go Down

rdl

I think it's entirely environmental. I'll leave it at that.

ME##

Quote from: Socks on November 15, 2009, 11:05:10 AM
Uhh... just because something may be genetic does not grant it any positive standing. It is at best an anomaly. Sickle cell is genetic too. It does not mean however that we need to promote it and celebrate its cause as a condition among people.

Yes.  But last time I checked, those with sickle-cell anaemia aren't persecuted for having it.

Socks

Quote from: Дави́д on November 15, 2009, 11:49:53 AM
Yes.  But last time I checked, those with sickle-cell anaemia aren't persecuted for having it.

That is largely a function of societal environmental factors, which is a very complex set of conditions. And I am not advocating persecution; only understanding and remedy (if possible). Still, you don't see too many people with sickle cell being satisfied with their predicament.

And there is always the idea of Eugenics, as far as sickle cell and all other 'deficiencies' are concerned.

YPrrrr

There was something on the Colbert Report once with this guy that was talking about how some male fish and frogs are gaining more feminine features due to the content of the water... Perhaps it has something to do with homosexuality as well, i don't know... I feel like there should be some sort of explanation as to why some people have certain traits

Minus;

are you relating homosexuals to feminine fish?
lol

YPrrrr

Quote from: justjack on November 15, 2009, 12:28:46 PM
are you relating homosexuals to feminine fish?
lol

Well not exactly but there are people with gender identity issues... it seems like there's more mention of homosexuality than at any point before in history, but I could very well be biased in that regard due to the prevalence of media attention upon the subject. Does anyone have any information on that sort of thing?

Minus;

Thats probably right.
But i'm pretty sure it existed far before any of this.

YPrrrr

Quote from: justjack on November 15, 2009, 12:43:39 PM
Thats probably right.
But i'm pretty sure it existed far before any of this.
I know it existed, but has the proportion changed at all?

Minus;

Well i think it has always existed in the same proportion just not so open.

rdl

Quote from: justjack on November 15, 2009, 10:32:54 AM
No. Its an ongoing thing that will never completely engulf the population, or completely die down.
It will be something that will just vary, like being left handed or something.
wait, being left handed is genetic?

Minus;

Daddy

Quote from: Title on November 15, 2009, 10:05:02 AM
Being straight is the basic framework of evolution. We're only on this earth to reproduce with women.
Homosexuality seems to breed from intolerance. That's why you'll find that almost half the male population of Barbados is Gay-and rising. It's something about the oppressive, overly religious conditions in places like that where homosexuality seems to grow and multiply like a fungus.

Explain homosexual behavior in animals.

hotlikesauce.

Minus;

Lol nice rebuttal but a little late.
LOL water.

hotlikesauce.

Go Up