April 20, 2024, 04:49:51 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Is being gay a choice or a genetic trait?

Started by hotlikesauce., November 15, 2009, 09:06:53 AM

previous topic - next topic

Is being Gay a choice or a genetic trait/defect?

A Choice
3 (14.3%)
Genetic Trait/Defect
6 (28.6%)
Enviromental Factor
12 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Go Down

Skylark

not a choice!

other than that I'm unsure but I can't imagine I ever made a choice to like girls. That's something that happened as naturally as liking boys.
the book of right on

??????

changing sexual orientation of fruit flies and some other animal have been done before (but faggots didn't want the research to go on.)

just1more

Like I said, I'm pretty sure it has to do with hormones and environment. Pump a lot of testosterone into a gay guy and see if he's still a raging homosexual. Opposite is true with the opposite gender. Butch lesbians are just that because of too much testosterone.

Of course environment is a big factor, too. But change one's environment long enough and they will adapt. So if you're gay and want to be straight, simply take hormones and change your environment. Your orientation will probably change after some time. Of course, you would have to fight some urges at the beginning, but eventually you wouldn't get those urges anymore, and may even get disgusted by them. The same probably goes for someone straight wanting to become gay.

YPrrrr

Here's a hint: If you want to have the opposite sexuality, you probably already do

ME##

Quote from: Joe on November 23, 2009, 01:35:32 AM
Like I said, I'm pretty sure it has to do with hormones and environment. Pump a lot of testosterone into a gay guy and see if he's still a raging homosexual. Opposite is true with the opposite gender. Butch lesbians are just that because of too much testosterone.

Of course environment is a big factor, too. But change one's environment long enough and they will adapt. So if you're gay and want to be straight, simply take hormones and change your environment. Your orientation will probably change after some time. Of course, you would have to fight some urges at the beginning, but eventually you wouldn't get those urges anymore, and may even get disgusted by them. The same probably goes for someone straight wanting to become gay.

Nice stereotyping there, Guido.

And that probably has to be one of the funniest ways of changing a person's sexual orientation I've ever heard.

Skylark

so what about femme lesbians?
the book of right on

??????

Minus;

For your sake,I really hope you were joking.
It isn't related to hormones.
If anything it would be related to how your brain interprets pheromones.
It isn't a choice.
It could be environmental.
But the idea of it being hormonal is just a useless shot in the dark.

But how funny it would be if hormones really were responsible, because then sexual orientation would easily be changed.
Isn't that easy though.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Skylark on November 23, 2009, 08:16:44 AM
so what about femme lesbians?

Represent!

Seriously, though:

It's a cute theory, but you have absolutely no proof on a human scale. If you were right, MtF transsexuals would be attracted to men as a rule (due to high estrogen levels), and FtM transsexuals would be attracted to women as a rule (due to high testosterone levels). This is very, very, very untrue (folks saying that MtFs are confused gay men are often surprised at the high percentage of lesbians).

Femininity doesn't imply androphilia, masculinity does not imply gynephilia.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Socks

sometimes i want to violently fuck all lesbians to remind them who is in charge  doodthing;

Minus;

Quote from: Socks on November 23, 2009, 10:30:22 AM
sometimes i want to violently fuck all lesbians to remind them who is in charge  doodthing;

And do you ever accomplish this task?

Socks

Quote from: justjack on November 23, 2009, 11:43:49 AM
And do you ever accomplish this task?

one day i'll have a cellar dedicated to violent lesbian fucking   doodhuh;

Minus;

Quote from: Socks on November 23, 2009, 11:48:48 AM
one day i'll have a cellar dedicated to violent lesbian fucking   doodhuh;

One day i will make a movie about this.

Skylark

the book of right on

the shortest route to the sea