September 23, 2024, 03:29:36 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Hitchhiking y/n?

Started by CruelPleasure, November 09, 2009, 12:59:02 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Claquesous

Oh yeah, I also toyed with the idea of going to Burning Man, out in Nevada. Maybe even bring a friend along who informed me about it. But then again, I'm not into the whole "participation in the community" thing they have going on. I'd like to go if I could just observe all the stuff going on.

Samus Aran

you know, if i was single and wasn't in college, and still simply wanted to write for a living, i'd highly consider just ditching town and going wherever the fuck cash will allow me to. i'm not sure i'd want to hitchhike because of how dangerous it can be to either

a.) get picked up by someone who's nuts
b.) not get picked up for a really long time

but still, it sounds riveting to just, you know, drop everything and have an experience

Socks

Quote from: Kaz on November 09, 2009, 04:25:23 PM
but still, it sounds riveting to just, you know, drop everything and have an experience

On The Road  5thgrade;

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on November 09, 2009, 04:56:19 PM
On The Road  5thgrade;

i confess that i have not read this book yet, though it shames me to do so

Socks

Quote from: Kaz on November 09, 2009, 06:22:48 PM
i confess that i have not read this book yet, though it shames me to do so

i likely would not have read it either, but it was assigned this semester for my fiction class. pretty solid. but it is no catcher in the rye, for comparison.

Skylark

the book of right on

Sam

I thought about hitchhiking to California once.

Then I realized I was too shy for that and I would just make for very awkward car rides with strangers. ;___;
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Daddy

Quote from: Sam on November 10, 2009, 05:28:26 AM
I thought about hitchhiking to California once.

Then I realized I was too shy for that and I would just make for very awkward car rides with strangers. ;___;
hitchhike to lynn giggle;

sans culottes

I'd love to hitch-hike, it'd be a great experience. I don't understand why people are so afraid of it. A lot of people are even afraid to ride greyhounds, which makes a lot less sense.
I support BUSH

Title

Mando Pandango

Quote from: Stagger Lee on November 10, 2009, 06:16:25 AM
I'd love to hitch-hike, it'd be a great experience. I don't understand why people are so afraid of it. A lot of people are even afraid to ride greyhounds, which makes a lot less sense.
They're afraid of catching the rape.
Quote from: Magyarorszag on August 22, 2018, 10:27:46 PMjesus absolute shitdicking christ, nu-boyah

Samus Aran

Quote from: Socks on November 09, 2009, 06:29:15 PM
i likely would not have read it either, but it was assigned this semester for my fiction class. pretty solid. but it is no catcher in the rye, for comparison.

well if it were just another catcher in the rye, it wouldn't be as interesting to me, so i don't mind that at all

Cobain306

Quote from: Stagger Lee on November 10, 2009, 06:16:25 AM

Well, there was that one nut who beheaded that dude on the Greyhound... But still, I don't think it's anything to make anybody stop riding a Greyhound. People can expect stuff like that to happen all the time, I'm sure lots had feared it beforehand, and now that it did happen they won't go on. It's the same fear, but you have heard of somebody doing it. It's stupid.

Somebody died in a shower once, so I will never clean my body again.

Samus Aran

i've ridden greyhounds to and from texas twice now and i'm doing it again this december lol

Cobain306

Quote from: Kaz on November 10, 2009, 08:54:25 AM
i've ridden greyhounds to and from texas twice now and i'm doing it again this december lol

I wish I had the money to take a bus out of here.
Apparently I am getting kicked out of my house again or some crap, and I've really almost lost everybody who was remotely close to me in this city. A greyhound ride would be more than spectacular right now.

Go Up