September 23, 2024, 07:33:36 AM

1,531,320 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

wikipedia

Started by strongbad, November 08, 2009, 03:09:41 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

strongbad

I hate now nobody considers it a creditable source. Snorkel show me that article that you were talking about a while ago where you said it was proven that wikipedia was more accurate than encyclopedia britanica.

but yeah its annoying since its such an awesome resource

Hiro

Yeah i know i was arguing with my english teacher the other day about the validity of Wikipedia

Zach

I don't think that the people arguing against Wikipedia as a credible source don't realize that you can't just put random shit on any article you want; things are heavily moderated. Many, many articles belong to one or more WikiProjects, and the members of those projects take great care to verify the information on the pages and ensure that everything is factual. Rarely, if ever, will you find information in an article that is flat-out false.

Samus Aran

Quote from: Zach on November 08, 2009, 03:25:48 PM
I don't think that the people arguing against Wikipedia as a credible source don't realize that you can't just put random shit on any article you want; things are heavily moderated. Many, many articles belong to one or more WikiProjects, and the members of those projects take great care to verify the information on the pages and ensure that everything is factual. Rarely, if ever, will you find information in an article that is flat-out false.

and even when it is flat-out false, wikipedia often has the good humor to archive it if it's funny enough

because wikipedia isn't a bunch of douchebags :|

Socks

it's pointless when you can go (or see) to the referenced links

ME##

Um, sir, it's Encyclopædia Britannica. :|

strongbad

Geno

GOD DAMMIT I HAVE TO ARGUE WITH MY TEACHER ABOUT THIS EVERY DAY
Quote from: ncba93ivyase on April 04, 2014, 10:31:27 PM
geno i swear to fucking god silvertone and i are going to board you up in your house and have the world's greatest goddamn boyager meetup right next door and put burning bags of dog shit in front of all of your windows and doors and your house will smell like dog shit but you won't be able to extinguish the flames and you'll choke and die on dog shit fumes. what made you will also kill you.

i am throwing down 5 god DAMN dollars geno i will go out and collect the dog shit myself this is fucking happening jesus fucking christ

i'll give you an upperdecker with dog shit and don't you fucking doubt it for one little second you fat bastard

Socks

Quote from: GENOP on November 09, 2009, 12:54:53 AM

that's just being lethargic 

strongbad

Quote from: GENOP on November 09, 2009, 12:54:53 AM

Same.
I just sent my DECA teacher an email explain how it's good from everything you people have posted. I'm guessing that it won't change his opinion at all though maps;

CruelPleasure

Quote from: Hïro on November 08, 2009, 03:21:17 PM
Yeah i know i was arguing with my english teacher the other day about the validity of Wikipedia
I've had to do that with my Social teacher in the past.

Go Up