April 20, 2024, 04:26:16 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Health Care bill passes House

Started by Hiro, November 07, 2009, 03:01:11 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/11/07/gop-gone-wild/

i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object

And title, this is why we laugh at republicans. They act like 5 year olds.

Lozal

I think it's ironic that it passed on the 92nd anniversary of the 1917 October Revolution.

baddood;
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Daddy

Quote from: Jet Black Wii on November 07, 2009, 03:28:48 PM
I think it's ironic that it passed on the 92nd anniversary of the 1917 October Revolution.

baddood;

i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object

Lozal

Quote from: JMV on November 07, 2009, 03:29:53 PM
i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object
to your post, i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Andria

Quote from: JMV on November 07, 2009, 03:23:48 PM
http://thinkprogress.org/2009/11/07/gop-gone-wild/

i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object i object

And title, this is why we laugh at republicans. They act like 5 year olds.

Jeez and these are some of the people that make decisions on laws and stuff for our country  baddood; it is rather scary

Zach

strongbad

i pay no attention to politics tell me what this means

j o e i n c

"this is well beyond "politican power grabs"
this is the handle on FREEDOM in America..

dont think your guns are safe
dont think your swiming pool is safe, or lawn mower or dishwasher..

they are going to use cooked statistics to Tax, Take away, and CONTROL your LIVES. INCLUDING
how you RAISE YOUR CHILDRAN IN YOUR HOME"

hotlikesauce.

No one has a "right" to quality healthcare regardless of ability to pay. That's like saying everyone has a right to a car, or a house, or a computer even if they can't afford it. Healthcare is a business providing goods and services â,“ the federal government has no right to dictate that all Americans must purchase a specific good or service or face legal ramifications. Nor do they have the right to dictate to private corporations how they run their business, slimy as the corporations may be.

As much as I think healthcare needs to be fixed, this bill isn't the way to do it. I hope the Senate kills it.

ME##

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2009, 10:46:47 AM
No one has a "right" to quality healthcare regardless of ability to pay. That's like saying everyone has a right to a car, or a house, or a computer even if they can't afford it. Healthcare is a business providing goods and services â,“ the federal government has no right to dictate that all Americans must purchase a specific good or service or face legal ramifications. Nor do they have the right to dictate to private corporations how they run their business, slimy as the corporations may be.

As much as I think healthcare needs to be fixed, this bill isn't the way to do it. I hope the Senate kills it.

You know, I honestly hope you test positive for some pre-existing condition so you can watch your insurance company drop you faster than you can say 'I object'. ;)

Though, if this isn't the way to fix it, how should we go about fixing it?  In before you say 'DROP ALL REGULATIONS AND LET THE FREE MARKET DECIDE IF YOU DESERVE THAT KIDNEY'.

j o e i n c

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: Дави́д on November 09, 2009, 11:09:22 AM

You know, I honestly hope you test positive for some pre-existing condition so you can watch your insurance company drop you faster than you can say 'I object'. ;)

Though, if this isn't the way to fix it, how should we go about fixing it?  In before you say 'DROP ALL REGULATIONS AND LET THE FREE MARKET DECIDE IF YOU DESERVE THAT KIDNEY'.

We shouldn't make a 1.2 trillion dollar bill while we're in a deficit. Maybe we should focus more on fixing the economy before we set ourselves up to fail again. This bill will raise taxes. When the taxes are raised, it will create a bigger gap between the upper and lower classes; you have the lower classes that can't afford the classes and the higher class that can. This creates a gap as exemplified by China.

hotlikesauce.

Quote from: j o e i n c on November 09, 2009, 11:28:25 AM
It shouldn't be.

I'm not debating on if it should be or not, just that it is.

Daddy

Quote from: Kevin on November 09, 2009, 11:32:19 AM
We shouldn't make a 1.2 trillion dollar bill while we're in a deficit. Maybe we should focus more on fixing the economy before we set ourselves up to fail again.
Because sick people are completely capable of working.

QuoteThis bill will raise taxes
How many times have I been over the fact that people are already paying thousands for health insurance?
This bill will reduce the cost of existing insurance and offer a cheaper option for everyone else.  The money saved  from not paying thousands for insurance will result in a lower overall cost or no change. 

QuoteWhen the taxes are raised, it will create a bigger gap between the upper and lower classes; you have the lower classes that can't afford the classes and the higher class that can.
hey isn't that what the public option is for.

thanks for supporting it mippo
QuoteThis creates a gap as exemplified by China.
Capitalistic outsourcing of jobs to nations where minimum wage is much cheaper or non-existent?

OH MY GOD OBAMA IS SENDING OUR DISEASE OVERSEAS. STUPID GOOKS TAKING OUR CANCER

Go Up