Who is your favorite American founding father

Started by Chōshū, November 01, 2009, 07:58:07 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Chōshū

Mine is probably Alexander Hamilton.  He was a flawed man (as we all are), but his ideas of a strong federal government really saved the nation from a quick and sudden death.

On top of this, his economic policies, while controversial, revived the credit of the United States.  Without that economic boost, the United States wouldn't have arisen to a much higher state than those of the other colonies in the Americas that liberated themselves.  It's really amazing when you think of how many geniuses collaborated with each other to form our country.

The eloquent philosophies of freedom pressed forth by Jefferson
The pragmatic stiff economic policies of Hamilton
The diplomatic and political genius of an aging Benjamin Franklin
The hard work and efficiency of John Adams
The leadership of a weak and fledgling military by Washington
The written tales of reason and rights by Thomas Paine

It's really quite amazing  bassir;

Socks

Quote from: Ch...sh...« on November 01, 2009, 07:58:07 AM
The diplomatic and political genius of an aging Benjamin Franklin

Franklin was a man of exploration, experience, and understanding. And yet the most licentious of the bunch, perhaps. Something to be admired.

Quote from: Ch...sh...« on November 01, 2009, 07:58:07 AM
It's really quite amazing  bassir;

Yes it is.

sans culottes

I have admired Benjamin Franklin for a long time because he was amazing at everything. Recently, I realized that he, my dad, and I have the same neck-chin thing going on. I can only conclude that I descend from one of Ben Franklin's illegitimate children.
I support BUSH

Chōshū

Quote from: Socks on November 02, 2009, 03:39:05 PM
Franklin was a man of exploration, experience, and understanding. And yet the most licentious of the bunch, perhaps. Something to be admired.

Yes it is.

The man couldn't keep it in his pants, that's for sure.

But I'd argue that he knew how to play the diplomatic game quite well.  Especially with the French when he and John Adams were the American envoys to their nation during the Revolution. 

Travis

Quote from: Stagger Lee on November 02, 2009, 11:36:09 PM
I have admired Benjamin Franklin for a long time because he was amazing at everything. Recently, I realized that he, my dad, and I have the same neck-chin thing going on. I can only conclude that I descend from one of Ben Franklin's illegitimate children.
this is what's known as a double chin 5thgrade;

Title

By fucking far Thomas Jefferson. The greatest Libertarian who ever lived.

Daddy

sans culottes

I support BUSH

Selkie

Title

Quote from: Selkie on November 05, 2009, 08:46:40 AM
Gotta say Jefferson. he had so much foresight
He pretty much predicted every economic issue that faces our country today.

Zach

the shortest route to the sea

I sided with Jefferson pretty quickly in the Hamilton/Jefferson debates.

Quote from: Socks on November 02, 2009, 03:39:05 PM

If the "John Adams" miniseries is to be taken as a work seeped in research (which it is), and close reading of a lot of the stuff he got through and accomplished in a frightened Continental Congress, he clearly had a diplomatic genius to him in addition to being a total badass.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Socks

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on November 05, 2009, 10:10:07 AM
If the "John Adams" miniseries is to be taken as a work seeped in research (which it is), and close reading of a lot of the stuff he got through and accomplished in a frightened Continental Congress, he clearly had a diplomatic genius to him in addition to being a total badass.

But his diplomatic genius is a byproduct of him being a total bad ass. Apparently, Franklin was quite the favorite at remote underground Masonic parties in the countryside of England.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Socks on November 05, 2009, 01:06:23 PM
But his diplomatic genius is a byproduct of him being a total bad ass. Apparently, Franklin was quite the favorite at remote underground Masonic parties in the countryside of England.

Apparently, Franklin was also the favorite of french whores. I'm agreeing with you, but saying that primarily, he was a damn good reader of people and culture.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

sans culottes

apparently, ben franklin fucked a slutty bitch in london and now he's my greatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreatgreat (idk) grandfather
yeah, i know, i'm awesome baddood;

jefferson is pretty awesome as well, but i also like hamilton. yeah, you can easily overlook him because he was pretty conservative, but he was great in every way jefferson wasn't.
not very fond of john adams, though saddood;
I support BUSH

Go Up