September 24, 2024, 07:28:22 AM

1,531,321 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

SAT Scores

Started by strongbad, October 29, 2009, 12:15:56 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: YPR on October 29, 2009, 12:33:54 PM
Hey basic math is pretty important

As is basic english skills! Folks gotta write papers, folks gotta write resumes, folks gotta file court orders, folks gotta add, folks gotta know proportions to cook, folks gotta know how to interact in these ways

But that's not intelligence, and it's not the core substance for any of those activities anway: having structure and purpose, knowing how to present yourself ideally, knowing how to write legalese, knowing the context of what you're adding, how to follow a recipe, how to have substance in your thought.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Socks

You can't have standardization and control if we have a bunch of Platolikes running around with their self educated thoughtfulness.

Quote from: Socks on October 29, 2009, 01:48:51 PM
You can't have standardization and control if we have a bunch of Platolikes running around with their self educated thoughtfulness.

Control is what a government, moral system, economic culture, and manners are for. I agree that education must be practical, which is exactly what the SAT isn't. The world would be absolutely 100% fine without it, especially if we used all the money and effort that goes into the testing in English and Math classes. Everybody should have some formalized education, yeah.

Socks

i just want to go live in the woods akudood;

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

Quote from: Socks on October 29, 2009, 02:18:49 PM
i just want to go live in the woods akudood;

Yeah man.
Find a mountain and build a cabin and shit.

Ever see that one guy who went up to alaska and lived alone and built a log cabin and lived off the land and filmed the whole damn thing?

One man wilderness or something.
I forget.

Socks

Quote from: Rainy Day Mushroom Pillow on October 29, 2009, 03:11:32 PM
Ever see that one guy who went up to alaska and lived alone and built a log cabin and lived off the land and filmed the whole damn thing?

One man wilderness or something.
I forget.

I have actually. I remember a series they had on WHYY about it a while back. And this man was the OG of such things, I think he started as far back as in the 60s. Interesting  life and circumstances he experienced and filmed.

l a c e y

Walter

Quote from: l a c e y on October 29, 2009, 05:20:17 PM
1500000 yeah.

Wow you are a genius I never would have guessed

l a c e y

Quote from: Walter on October 29, 2009, 05:36:09 PM
Wow you are a genius I never would have guessed

Me either.

Baron von Narwhal

I got a 2150

which mostly means colleges gave me free money despite my meh grades

Chōshū

The first time I took it I got a 1900 on the dot, which is much higher than I thought I would get....I'm taking it again on the 7th.  Hopefully I'll do okay.

Speaking of which, I just applied to my first college, rolling admission. Even if my other seven schools go down the shitter...there's no way U of Michigan won't take me. happydood;

rdl

I took the PSAT a few weeks ago. It was easy enough but I got distracted on the last section by a dripping nose, and I didn't want to get up and possibly have my test ripped up so that sucked akudood;

No matter what I get on the SAT I'll probably beat myself up for it. Unless if I get a 2400, which I won't.

Hiro

Tomorrow I have to wake up at 8 to go to a SAT class.  baddood;

Go Up