April 19, 2024, 05:55:39 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

The 2009 Nobel Peace Prize Goes To:

Started by the shortest route to the sea, October 09, 2009, 10:48:14 AM

previous topic - next topic

Did He Deserve It?

Yes
1 (7.7%)
No
10 (76.9%)
Yes, But Not For Diplomacy
1 (7.7%)
No, But For Other Things
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Go Down

the shortest route to the sea

Our 44th  president.

Quote"for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples"

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2009/

Very very interesting news at 5 in the morning. Discuss while I go to Canada: did Obama deserve it? Has he really done a lot in that field? Was it worthy of the Peace Prize so quickly?

I think that's the only 1st term president ever to win one.

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

j o e i n c

YPrrrr

Zach

I don't understand what he has done to warrant this, especially considering that had barely been in office once the deadline for application passed. You don't win awards such as this based on what you say you're going to do long before you get a chance to do it.

the shortest route to the sea

Quote from: Zach on October 09, 2009, 10:55:07 PM
I don't understand what he has done to warrant this, especially considering that had barely been in office once the deadline for application passed. You don't win awards such as this based on what you say you're going to do long before you get a chance to do it.

Right. I think he needed to be nominated 2 weeks after his inaguration or something. So they're giving him the prize to praise his dreams and his rhetoric...which is nice and all, but it's not action. I'm sure the whole world cheered when Bush got ousted and someone who was going to be more cooperative jumped in, but this is just too far. There are far bigger issues deserving the peace prize...although none come to mind.  huhdoodame;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Daddy

I saw someone on Reddit say that the president of the US is automatically entered each year and that Bush was nominated in 2002, but not anymore after invading Iraq.

ME##

Quote from: Ensign Halibar on October 09, 2009, 11:36:53 PM
I saw someone on Reddit say that the president of the US is automatically entered each year and that Bush was nominated in 2002, but not anymore after invading Iraq.

I wonder if the other world leaders are automatically entered, save the obvious ones like Mugabe or Kim.  And, that doesn't surprise me.

Lozal

The war is still going on. People are still fighting in the Middle East. The Israel conflict is still going on.

When he works towards ending these, he'll deserve it. Definitely not now.
powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone; powerofone;

Quote from: Pyrate on November 20, 2009, 05:11:08 AM

"You have an amazing body. You have amazing breasts."

Bushy

He may deserve it, but not for doing presidenty stuff.
@pokemonyewest on Twitter

Go Up