April 16, 2024, 04:06:29 AM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Say what?

Started by PuuMastaFunk, September 16, 2009, 09:33:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

PuuMastaFunk

Quote from: JMV on September 22, 2009, 09:39:30 AM
Once again, your interpretation

No, that's pretty much what that section is about.

QuoteAnd he wanted them to be killed.

He wanted to prove a point. He would constantly do things to try to turn them back to him, but they kept ignoring him. Death's pretty much the last thing you can do. Then people start paying attention.

QuoteDid you read this?

...No, I did not. Oops.

Quotelol
1. You asked where the Bible said it. I provided several places it says it.
2. Once again, your interpretation

Eh, okay. My bad.

QuoteYou read it wrong. baddood;

I do that sometimes. I'm not perfect.

Quoteedit: furthermore, by your logic aren't the 10 commandments and "lol no being gay" also talking to the people of Israel? Or is your magical metaphor/context meter creating more links?

Then, they were applying to the Israelites. But after Jesus, it expanded to mean Gentiles, as well. Before Jesus, it was believed that no one but the Jews could enter Heaven, but after Jesus came and said that you may only get to Heaven through him, it allowed anyone who wanted in to enter. You just have to accept Jesus as your Savior and repent for your sins.

As for more links, I don't know.

Daddy

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on September 22, 2009, 01:02:55 PM
I do that sometimes. I'm not perfect.

Then, they were applying to the Israelites. But after Jesus, it expanded to mean Gentiles, as well. Before Jesus, it was believed that no one but the Jews could enter Heaven, but after Jesus came and said that you may only get to Heaven through him, it allowed anyone who wanted in to enter. You just have to accept Jesus as your Savior and repent for your sins.

As for more links, I don't know.
Where does it say which only apply to israelites?

Lotos

Quote from: PuuMastaFunk on September 22, 2009, 01:02:55 PM
He wanted to prove a point. He would constantly do things to try to turn them back to him, but they kept ignoring him. Death's pretty much the last thing you can do. Then people start paying attention.

That's a little extreme, I mean, there WERE religions before Christianity and people did switch from their old religion to Christianity, why couldn't people switch out of it?

rdl

The one thing that throws me off the most about Christianity is how damn easy it is. I could pillage a village (lol rhyme) and rape 1000 women and then repent and everything would be alright. That's just wrong. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, but there is no definitive line. Some say if Hitler repented he could've gone to heaven, others disagree and say even ax murders wouldn't get in. If life was as simple as saying "Yes, Jesus did save mankind", then why live? Why don't we all just jump off a bridge and hurry on our way into the arms of God?

Daddy

Quote from: RDX on September 23, 2009, 10:16:37 PM
The one thing that throws me off the most about Christianity is how damn easy it is. I could pillage a village (lol rhyme) and rape 1000 women and then repent and everything would be alright. That's just wrong. There has to be a line drawn somewhere, but there is no definitive line. Some say if Hitler repented he could've gone to heaven, others disagree and say even ax murders wouldn't get in. If life was as simple as saying "Yes, Jesus did save mankind", then why live? Why don't we all just jump off a bridge and hurry on our way into the arms of God?
Because you need to take people out with you, then you get virgins and God. akudood;

Also, it depends on which sect you're talking about. Some teach as long as you repent for your sins and accept God (read: join their version of the religion. Others are false) you are saved.

Others have other methodologies for getting into heaven.  Like with your example, I'm pretty sure catholicism teaches suicide will prevent you entrance into Heaven.

Go Up