September 27, 2024, 09:19:02 AM

1,531,323 Posts in 46,731 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Zune HD / Software 4.0

Started by Hiro, September 15, 2009, 04:32:50 PM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Hiro

My sister plans on getting the HD.
I'm installing the new software right now, just looking on the website it looks really nice.
lol they stole the iTunes genius mix, I look forward to trying it out  VDood;

Daddy

In defense of 4.0 (lol wat), I don't think they "stole" it since it's been less than a week and I don't think they could get that working a week after apple launched the feature.

also lol windows only software baddood;

the shortest route to the sea

I haven't tried it...but if the album art getting feature and the syncing with filesystem problems aren't fix, it's worth jackshit. badass;

Quote from: Socks on January 03, 2011, 09:56:24 PM
pompous talk for my eyes water and quiver with a twitch like a little bitch

Hiro

Quote from: JMV on September 15, 2009, 08:03:43 PM
In defense of 4.0 (lol wat), I don't think they "stole" it since it's been less than a week and I don't think they could get that working a week after apple launched the feature.
wait what itunes has had genius mix for a few months now  akudood;

Quote from: JMV on September 15, 2009, 08:03:43 PM
also lol windows only software baddood;
yeah i know that sucks  baddood;

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 15, 2009, 08:06:03 PM
I haven't tried it...but if the album art getting feature and the syncing with filesystem problems aren't fix, it's worth jackshit. badass;
doesn't every media player have that problem though  akudood;

Quote from: Hïro on September 15, 2009, 08:13:31 PM
doesn't every media player have that problem though  akudood;

No.  doodthing;

Anything based on windows media player is doomed to suck. Even iTunes does a much better job, and I'd imagine songbird would, if it worked.  Amarok and Rhythmbox work perfectly, a lot more than perfectly.

Hiro

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 15, 2009, 08:18:16 PM
No.  doodthing;

Anything based on windows media player is doomed to suck. Even iTunes does a much better job, and I'd imagine songbird would, if it worked.  Amarok and Rhythmbox work perfectly, a lot more than perfectly.
I've used wmp, zune, and songbird the most, and they all have that problem
i've used itunes a little bit and it seems to have the same issue albeit not as much as wmp

Quote from: Hïro on September 15, 2009, 08:24:22 PM
I've used wmp, zune, and songbird the most, and they all have that problem
i've used itunes a little bit and it seems to have the same issue albeit not as much as wmp

I guess songbird still sucks then. Which is good, since it's crashed both times I've tried to install it on two different platforms.

Still, iTunes and almost all good linux players outstrip the zune / wmp stuff by lightyears.  happydood;

Hiro

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 15, 2009, 08:27:57 PM
I guess songbird still sucks then. Which is good, since it's crashed both times I've tried to install it on two different platforms.

Still, iTunes and almost all good linux players outstrip the zune / wmp stuff by lightyears.  happydood;
I think the Zune thing is nice, and 4.0 is really awesome.

Quote from: Hïro on September 15, 2009, 08:30:28 PM
I think the Zune thing is nice, and 4.0 is really awesome.

It is nice! It just has certain problems that really turn me off. But it's a nice integrated interface, and I bet that 4.0 is all kinds of godly. It certainly sounds it.

Hiro

Quote from: Alyssa the Glowing Sole on September 15, 2009, 08:32:23 PM
It is nice! It just has certain problems that really turn me off. But it's a nice integrated interface, and I bet that 4.0 is all kinds of godly. It certainly sounds it.
It has some really great features, seriously

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on September 15, 2009, 08:13:31 PM
wait what itunes has had genius mix for a few months now  akudood;
Uh no.

Genius playlists are about a year old, but Genius mixes are a new feature of iTunes 9.

Hiro

Quote from: JMV on September 15, 2009, 10:20:39 PM
Uh no.

Genius playlists are about a year old, but Genius mixes are a new feature of iTunes 9.

oh akudood;

This just has "Smart DJ" endless mix thing, with the option to save it as a playlist if you really like it. Also, you can toggle the ability to incorporate Zune Marketplace music into it. thumbup;

Sam

There's a dust leak in one of the corners of my zune screen so I'm sending it in and getting a free new one :|
1.8mb is too huge for a sig nigga

Blaze-Senpai

I've only looked at it a bit since I reinstalled it on 7. The main difference is that screen as far as I know, and I don't plan on using it much.

Go Up