May 04, 2024, 10:44:03 PM

1,531,620 Posts in 46,727 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Menial Ipod issues.

Started by Boogus Epirus Aurelius, September 23, 2009, 10:49:37 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

After this morning's class, I took out my ipod to plug it into my car stereo. Upon selecting a track, I noticed a couple of weird, offset gray lines appeared next to the track counter, or just below the middle of the screen.
I guess they're dead pixels, right? But what causes that?
I did buy the extended warranty with the thing (120gb), but will best buy exchange it for a few dead pixels?
It's more of an annoyance than anything. It cant affect the performance in any way can it?
Thanks.

strongbad

Best Buy accepts trade in's for DS's because of dead pixels so they should for ipods as well.

spaceman

I just got 4 dead pixels on my iPod Touch this morning.

Bought it from Circuit City.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

It's worse now. Expanded outwards and more lines.
I'll probably take it in this weekend, although I dont think they'll replace it, but send it in for a few weeks to repair it.
I dont know what I'll do if that's the case.

Boogus Epirus Aurelius

I took it into BB today and they found a miniature, nearly invisible scratch on the screen, so they aren't giving me a replacement, but sending it in for repair. If they decide the scratch is causing the issues, which they will, I've got to cover the repair cost, which, knowing those fuckers, is going to be funny.

Plus, it's going to be at least two weeks before I see it again. I dont know if I can handle that.
I've already got the shakes.
I can feel the oncoming DT's.

Go Up