June 03, 2024, 05:31:06 AM

1,531,631 Posts in 46,728 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

Apple Stuff

Started by The artist formally known, September 09, 2009, 11:15:28 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

The artist formally known

September 09, 2009, 11:15:28 AM Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:46:31 AM by reefer
iPhone OS 3.1.1
-Genius Recommendations for Apps. Get recommendations for apps you might like.
-Genius Mixes. Have iTunes create up to 12 playlists based on whatâ,,,s already in your library.
-Download Ringtones Wirelessly for $1.29 each.
Organize Apps in iTunes.
-Improved syncing for music, movies, TV shows, podcasts, and photos
-iTunes U content organization
-Redeem iTunes Gift Cards, codes, and certificates in the App Store
-Display available iTunes account credits in the App Store and iTunes Store
-Save video from Mail and MMS into Camera Roll
-Option to "Save as new clip" when trimming a video on iPhone 3GS
-Better iPhone 3G Wi-Fi performance when Bluetooth is turned on
-Remotely lock iPhone with a passcode via MobileMe
-Use Voice Control on iPhone 3GS with Bluetooth headsets
-Paste phone numbers into the keypad
-Option to use Home button to turn on accessibility features on iPhone 3GS
-Warn when visiting fraudulent websites in Safari (anti-phishing)
-Improved Exchange calendar syncing and invitation handling
-Fixes issue that cause some app icons to display incorrectly

iPod Nano
-Video camera, records video with audio and takes pictures, no word on resolution yet.
-iPod Nano also has an FM radio built in.
-And a pedometer to keep up with your steps, sync up with the web for Nike plus.
-And a voice recorder app.
-16GB for $179.
-8GB for $149

iPod Touch
-Faster than before
-8gb for $199 (down $20)
-32gb for $299 (down $20)
-64gb for $399
-OS 3.1, free for those who have 3.0
-No camera for the iPod Touch

iPod Shuffle
-2gb for $59 (from $69?)
-4gb for $79 (from $89?)
-4gb for $99 (special edition stainless steel, only online from Apple)
-Talks
-Lots of colors to pick from

iPod Classic
-Now 160gbs for $249 (up from 120gbs)

iTunes 9
-Improved store navigation, including persistent navigation menu.
-Full window iTunes store. For times when that sidebar is just too much.
-Previews from anywhere in the store -- don't have to drill down to preview.
-iTunes LP includes lyrics, liner notes, video, photos and "more."
-iTunes Extras. It's like DVD extras, but with iTunes. Not clear if it includes director's commentaries, but let's hope.
-Genius Mixes. It's like Genius Playlists, but it plays forever like a radio station.
-App management, letting you set up and arrange your home screens on the iPhone and iPod touch. You can drag and drop to move certain apps or whole pages of apps.
-Home sharing enables file transfers between up to five local computers of songs, videos and even apps.
-You can send items in the iTunes Store as gifts, add them to a wishlist, and publish them to Facebook and Twitter -- look who's getting all social all of a sudden!

Andria

baddood; That is stupid why would they not give the itouch a camera and instead give it to the nano

I wish iPhones had this.

Cookie

More and more I am beginning to dislike Apple. I don't get the camera on the Nano at all. How are you to hold it without blocking the camera or the screen? If you hold it by the edges it will be shaky as shit. I paid like $300 for my 160 GB Classic  madood; Atleast Itune changes are good.

Also lol at the ipod touch games.

Daddy

I like the changes to iTunes 9 and iPhone OS 3.1

Don't really care about the iPod touch and nano.
Quote from: Cookie on September 09, 2009, 12:07:56 PM
More and more I am beginning to dislike Apple. I don't get the camera on the Nano at all. How are you to hold it without blocking the camera or the screen? If you hold it by the edges it will be shaky as shit. I paid like $300 for my 160 GB Classic  madood; Atleast Itune changes are good.

Also lol at the ipod touch games.
Really though. People that actually care about cameras aren't going to buy an iPod for a camera lol. akudood;

It's more for the people who upload cellphone pics onto facebook and pretend they're awesome photographers.

ME##

Quote from: JMV on September 09, 2009, 01:57:16 PM

Don't really care about the iPod touch and nano.Really though. People that actually care about cameras aren't going to buy an iPod for a camera lol. akudood;

It's more for the people who upload cellphone pics onto facebook and pretend they're awesome photographers.

'luk guys i took pictures of a filed in black&white i am awsum'

Daddy

Quote from: Дави́д on September 09, 2009, 02:03:51 PM
'luk guys i took pictures of a filed in black&white i am awsum'
Actually it appears to be a video camera.
YAY LOW QUALITY VIDEOS ON FACEBOOK

'hey bro. this is the ruit championship recorded on mah new ipod nano bro' akudood;

Quote from: JMV on September 09, 2009, 01:57:16 PM

Don't really care about the iPod touch and nano.Really though. People that actually care about cameras aren't going to buy an iPod for a camera lol. akudood;

I fucking love having a 3 megapixel on my phone. I take pictures of anything I find funny.

How else would I have gotten this picture? Not my car, some random ass car I saw. Sure I have a 5 megapixel camera that's better but it's all about being handy.

Quote from: JMV on September 09, 2009, 02:12:05 PM
Actually it appears to be a video camera.
It does both.

Hiro

Apple's been really underwhelming this year, but this was just boring as hell. okay updated nanos yippie

Daddy

Quote from: Hïro on September 09, 2009, 02:41:42 PM
Apple's been really underwhelming this year, but this was just boring as hell. okay updated nanos yippie
and yet another apple comment by hiro yay.

Also, I'm a member of a few supasecret invite only forums and on one someone who works for an apple supplier said the iPod touch is planned to have a camera but there are production issues so they're delayed.

Not sure how accurate it is, but it's more believable than some public forum.  akudood;

iTunes 9 is all white, I don't how the color switches between gray and white a lot either.

Daddy

Quote from: reefer on September 09, 2009, 02:55:24 PM
iTunes 9 is all white, I don't how the color switches between gray and white a lot either.
What do you mean all white? Give me a screenshot of the windows version. It's glossier for me but it's not all white

I turned Genius on again and now I have to rescan every song this should be worth it.

Also I need to stop importing 230 songs at a time. I imported the Beatles Box Set thing and my processor went crazy. akudood;

ME##

Quote from: JMV on September 09, 2009, 02:58:15 PM
What do you mean all white? Give me a screenshot of the windows version. It's glossier for me but it's not all white

I turned Genius on again and now I have to rescan every song this should be worth it.

Also I need to stop importing 230 songs at a time. I imported the Beatles Box Set thing and my processor went crazy. akudood;

I guess he means the background colour, though I actually like it better.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Daddy

Oh yeah, I get that too but I also like it better.

Go Up