April 16, 2024, 12:56:10 PM

1,531,643 Posts in 46,729 Topics by 1,523 Members
› View the most recent posts on the forum.

whats the harm?

Started by reeper, August 30, 2009, 03:41:41 AM

previous topic - next topic

Go Down

Daddy

Quote from: Kaz on September 11, 2009, 12:20:28 PM
You took my statement too broadly, JMV.  I meant that it should be let go on Boyah. You can campaign all you want out there in the real world if you think it's right. We're just sick of seeing it here.
There's people here that also hold the views that have plagued society and caused problems. They support preventing people from marrying someone they love. I think that's reason enough not "not let it go"

QuoteAnd I don't recall anyone here saying that you're going to burn in Hell for an eternity, but if they did, I wouldn't like it either. I'm not one-sided here. If someone said something like that I'd call them out too.
Their religion that they follow and use as a guide to their lives says so.

Bolivian Army

Quote from: JMV on September 11, 2009, 10:55:07 AM
Hey, Matthew, that reminds me of another passage. I can't quite put my finger on it.
Oh yeah, it's related to this argument...
http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+5%3A17-18&version=NIV
"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

The old laws are specifically mentioned that "not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen" of the old testament laws is changed until "heaven and earth disappear".  Silly how that works.
inorite.

You realize "until all is accomplished" is referring to Jesus' Ministry, right? That's why much of the old testament is still applicable, but not a model for Christian behavior today.  I can't really tell if you're agreeing with me or not. baddood;

Donate now to the Guff Is Great foundation. baddood;

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on September 11, 2009, 12:28:15 PM
You realize "until all is accomplished" is referring to Jesus' Ministry, right? That's why much of the old testament is still applicable, but not a model for Christian behavior today.  I can't really tell if you're agreeing with me or not. baddood;
Where does it say such is referring to "Jesus' ministry" since "until heaven and earth disappear" infers otherwise.

Bolivian Army

Quote from: JMV on September 11, 2009, 12:30:08 PM
Where does it say such is referring to "Jesus' ministry" since "until heaven and earth disappear" infers otherwise.

Well, for one, the chapter is called "Christ came to fulfill the law."

"until heaven and earth disappear" is confirming the full authority (Completely true, still applicable today, etc.) of the OT, like I said before.

I don't really see how it infers otherwise.

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on September 11, 2009, 12:42:59 PM

Well, for one, the chapter is called "Christ came to fulfill the law."

"until heaven and earth disappear" is confirming the full authority (Completely true, still applicable today, etc.) of the OT, like I said before.

I don't really see how it infers otherwise.
Still applicable today like stoning your child for disobeying you?

Also next verses after what I posted:

Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Clearly shows that such rules, even least of such, are applicable.

Bolivian Army

Quote from: JMV on September 11, 2009, 12:49:58 PM

Also next verses after what I posted:

Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Clearly shows that such rules, even least of such, are applicable.

That's what I just said.

The rules haven't changed, it's still a sin to break the fifth commandment. But Jesus dieing on the cross changed the old way. That's why you don't see people sacrificing goats and stoning people. Back in the OT, they were foreshadowing the coming of Christ.

Samus Aran

Quote from: JMV on September 11, 2009, 12:23:12 PM
There's people here that also hold the views that have plagued society and caused problems. They support preventing people from marrying someone they love. I think that's reason enough not "not let it go"

Their religion that they follow and use as a guide to their lives says so.

Yeah, so that's what they believe...so what? If they don't try to force it down your throat, why does it honestly matter to you, at least on Boyah?

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on September 11, 2009, 12:59:40 PM
That's what I just said.

The rules haven't changed, it's still a sin to break the fifth commandment. But Jesus dieing on the cross changed the old way. That's why you don't see people sacrificing goats and stoning people. Back in the OT, they were foreshadowing the coming of Christ.
The rules stated that stoning people was required.  Or is that rule specifically changed.  akudood;

Bolivian Army

Quote from: JMV on September 11, 2009, 01:06:43 PM
The rules stated that stoning people was required.  Or is that rule specifically changed.  akudood;

No, the fifth commandment is different from Moses' punishment for violating it. Maybe I'm not being clear.

The entire OT is the expression of God's will but, according to the bible, is now to be taught according to Jesus' interpretation of its intent and meaning.

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on September 11, 2009, 01:18:07 PM
No, the fifth commandment is different from Moses' punishment for violating it. Maybe I'm not being clear.

The entire OT is the expression of God's will but, according to the bible, is now to be taught according to Jesus' interpretation of its intent and meaning.
whoa goonish
Passage that says such?

Still even if it said so, which all Christians obviously don't believe, doesn't excuse jews which are still are religion.

Bolivian Army

well you go right ahead and give it to them jews jmv

give it to em real nice baddood;

Daddy

Quote from: Bolivian Army on September 11, 2009, 03:42:24 PM
well you go right ahead and give it to them jews jmv

give it to em real nice baddood;
Find me some practicing jews and their penis mutilations and I wil. akudood;

sans culottes

I doubt the existence of god and the supernatural, but I can't deny that there's a possibility of it being true. I don't know if there is a Heaven, but I sure hope there is. I'd rather live in eternal paradise than rot in the ground. You'd either be a pompous "enlightened" asshole or just plain stupid to prefer rotting in the ground rather than eternal paradise.
I support BUSH

Ezloﺕ

Quote from: coz on September 11, 2009, 04:44:29 PM
I doubt the existence of god and the supernatural, but I can't deny that there's a possibility of it being true. I don't know if there is a Heaven, but I sure hope there is. I'd rather live in eternal paradise than rot in the ground. You'd either be a pompous "enlightened" asshole or just plain stupid to prefer rotting in the ground rather than eternal paradise.
im pretty sure your body stays in the ground even if you go to heaven
:)

sans culottes

Quote from: Ezloﺕ on September 11, 2009, 05:29:12 PM
im pretty sure your body stays in the ground even if you go to heaven
thanks for the obvious, bro
I support BUSH

Go Up